Why become a member? ×

NBD! Ibanez EDC700. Nope. Its an EDC715!

Lfalex v1.1

Well...

I ordered and paid for it from The Bass Gallery, paid for shipping, downloaded an app to track the delivery. Got all excited...

Then they emailed to say the said bass couldn't be found. They'd sold it previously, left it on the site, and the chap I spoke to didn't check to make sure. 

Massively disappointed and annoyed. 

Oddly grateful that lockdown stopped me driving down there to purchase a non-existent bass. 😡

Don't think I'll be bothering with The Gallery again. 

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
New arrival
  • Sad 3

I'm well pleased with this. It's sort of what I'd expected in some ways; slim neck, massive-sounding (Hot!) pickup and clean, slightly dry sounding luthite body.

It's presently strung with flats, and it sounds HUGE. I haven't played flats on a bass guitar since some horrid Rotosounds put me off about 25 years ago. These sound good, though. There's still some top left. 

The coil switching is good, too. It offers Trad, Bright and Attack settings. Or, in reality; neck & centre (phantom) with a slight treble roll-off, the same without the treble cut, and the bridge and neck coils in parallel. With flats on, I rather like the bright setting.

In summary... er... Typical Ergodyne body feel and tone with a slim SR-style neck, mated to the electrics from an ATK (without the mid control)

Sounds? Most like a Ray5H in single coil mode, but meatier, with a bit of P-bass thrown in. In parallel, like a big grunty 2EQ Ray.

I've seen one wearing rounds being used for a slap-fest on youtube, so I reckon it'll turn out to be a good all-rounder.

• Like 2