Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Complete Ashdown "Dr Green" Pedal Board - Withdrawn
£150
Chelmsford

MattW

For sale is my Ashdown "Dr Green" effects housed in a heavy duty metal pedalboard.   I understand these were originally sets taken to shows by Ashdown as demo units, and I bought it from them direct last year. 

Contains:

Tune Up - Tuner,

Doctors Note - Envelope Filter

Aspirin - Compressor

Bearded Lady - Fuzz

Waiting Room - Delay

Bass Verb - Reverb

It would probably originally had an Octodose instead of the delay originally, but I really wanted the delay and verb to combine together as I was going through a bit of a "Steve Lawson" solo bass phase last year (badly) 😂. I initially linked the board to a looper at Home which was great fun.

These are decent effects, nothing ground breaking but a good solid board.  They take some tweaking, sometimes using fairly extreme settings on the dials to get the sound you want, but the sounds are definitely there.  I particularly like the Bearded Lady and the Verb, so much so that I ended up taking it apart and integrating these two into my main board.   However I've scaled that back a bit now and these have now been removed again and the set is all back together.  As tempted as I am to keep it it is really now surplus to requirements now and ideally I'm trying to raise some cash to buy a Barefaced cab!

They are in excellent order, with only the Waiting Room pedal really showing any obvious marks, and the odd scuff on the board itself.

The board is built like a tank, with all a wiring hidden and the pedals held on by the battery compartment screws and the jack nuts (see pics).  All it needs to run is a 9v 500ma supply which are a few quid on Amazon if you don't have one already.  There's no risk of velcro coming off or accidentally knocking out cables with this, I think you could drop it down the stairs and it would still work 😃

Asking for £150 - thats basically £25 per pedal! Would much prefer collection (socially distanced) but will post at cost.

Alternativelty I could be tempted to trade for a quality compressor or interesting effects of some kind.

IMG_20210129_152252199.jpg

IMG_20210129_154307351~2.jpg

IMG_20210129_135838654~2.jpg

IMG_20210129_152330707.jpg

IMG_20210129_145403304.jpg

IMG_20210129_150636470.jpg

IMG_20210129_140849671.jpg

Edited by MattW

18 hours ago, stewblack said:

That's instant gratification for someone! 

I don't need another board full of pedals, but even so, tempting. Really neat too. 

It's a lovely set, ideal for smaller gigs where you need a hand full of different tones.  Very small foot print too.  Maybe I should keep it 😬

1 minute ago, MattW said:

It's a lovely set, ideal for smaller gigs where you need a hand full of different tones.  Very small foot print too.  Maybe I should keep it 😬

I would be asking myself the same question! The last pedal I bought cost more than you're hoping to get for this. Price up a board, patch cables, and power cables - before even thinking of the pedals themselves. 

If this had an envelope and maybe an OD instead of the reverb and delay, we wouldn't be having this conversation - you'd be posting a parcel to Somerset! 

47 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I would be asking myself the same question! The last pedal I bought cost more than you're hoping to get for this. Price up a board, patch cables, and power cables - before even thinking of the pedals themselves. 

If this had an envelope and maybe an OD instead of the reverb and delay, we wouldn't be having this conversation - you'd be posting a parcel to Somerset! 

The Doctors note is an Envelope Filter, so already has that! 😁

If I was going to keep it for small gigs the only thing I might do is swap the delay or verb for an Octodose, which pop up on eBay every so often for not much.   The Hayden guitar pedals use the same chassis so they might do a worthy distortion pedal.

I just looked on eBay and there's a listing for a Bearded Lady for £99 on its own.   😯. It's a great Fuzz but think that's wildly optimistic but even so 🤔

1 hour ago, MattW said:

The Doctors note is an Envelope Filter, so already has that! 😁

If I was going to keep it for small gigs the only thing I might do is swap the delay or verb for an Octodose, which pop up on eBay every so often for not much.   The Hayden guitar pedals use the same chassis so they might do a worthy distortion pedal.

I just looked on eBay and there's a listing for a Bearded Lady for £99 on its own.   😯. It's a great Fuzz but think that's wildly optimistic but even so 🤔

Apologies I typed envelope when I was thinking of the octave pedal.

@stewblack, it would appear that Ashdown have used the same basic chassis for their new ProFX range, so these would presumably fit the board.  Am seriously reconsidering now 😬

Only problem is I really want to get that barefaced cab.  Might have to find something else to sell 😂

pro-fx.jpg

4 minutes ago, MattW said:

Very true, and it's not like my Ashdown cabs are bad!

Quite right. I have a couple of Ashdown 12s and they sound fine. 

But Barefaced cabs do just have that special something. 

It's a dilemma. 

• MB1 locked this topic