Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1968 Fender Telecaster Bass
£1700
Devon

Longwheelbass

I'm re-listing this bass at a reduced price. It will ship in a gigbag at £1700 plus shipping, or if you would like an original Fender case, it will come with the mid-70's one I have listed in the accessories section for an additional £200. I will include pics of that case below. I also have several mp3 recordings of the bass if you would like to hear them - just email me at [email protected] - as I have no idea about uploading a soundfile to these pages!

1968 Fender Telecaster Bass in great playing condition. Original pickup has been replaced with a 1971 unit that has not been rewound and still retains its original black and yellow PVC leads. Pots are 1966 Centralab with an original ceramic disk capacitor rated at 0.05 microfarad.

The neck is a slim profile C width and is not as chunky as most C necks of that era, making it very comfortable to play. The bass weighs in at 8 lb 11/16 oz making it a pleasure to play standing up for long periods of time.

Neck is in great shape, some wear on the board and the frets have tons of life left in them. Original case is in excellent condition, the latches work but the springs in the two outer latches have lost tension.

Shipping £100 in the UK, €120 to the EU, £150 to the US. Insurance included in these shipping prices.

Thanks for looking!

PLEASE NOTE non-UK buyers contact me before paying to confirm address and agreement on stated shipping prices above. Any non-UK bid will be cancelled if payment is made before arranging and agreeing to shipping terms and price. Thank you for understanding.

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9308.jpg

Cover shot.jpg

Main inside.jpg

Cavities Olympic White 68.jpg

Edited by Turbineclimber
Add pic
  • Like 10

Just now, blyn said:

Very nice !

Is it original finish on the body?

Sorry mate, I was just uploading a pic of the body showing the original white in the cavities as your question came in. Pretty much all of them were Olympic White with the exception of a small number of custom colour versions, a few black ones are still around and even less Candy Apple Reds.