Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Sei Jazz 4 - REDUCED TO £825

lozbass

NOW REDUCED TO £825 FOR A LIMITED PERIOD

THE BASS WILL BE WITHDRAWN ON 7TH APRIL

For sale, Sei Jazz 4 - ash body, flamed maple neck, rosewood board with gorgeous abalone block inlays.

I'm selling nearly all my long-scale basses following a move to short(er) scales

Electronics are 3 band with passive tone (9v - I'm not sure what the circuit is) with Bartolini J and P pickups. The bridge is a Badass. The bass is around seven years old but in excellent condition. The only marks in the lacquer are slight impressions where the pickup covers have been fitted (I have the covers and these are included in the sale). The bass is very light and resonant and has that real boutique quality - it's typical of Martin's stunning work. The concept behind this bass was to construct a typical '70s style Jazz but with real attention to detail, very high quality parts and some modern refinements. The result certainly fits the bill - it isn't as exotic as some Seis but it's a beautifully built classic in fantastic condition. The bass comes with a cheap generic, rectangular hard case (brown with yellow plush interior) - it isn't too styish but it does the job.

The bass is in extremely clean condition (I gave it a very good going over when it came to me and it's been polished and maintained since) but needs some decent strings and a proper set-up. Playability is good now with a medium to low action. I'd take the action down as there's a bit more relief in the neck than I'd normally have, however, I don't want to mess about with the rod. I re-strung the bass recently with cheap and somewhat dull medim guage strings.

Selling price is £825 firm (this reflects the price of a set-up) - REDUCED FOR A LIMITED PERIOD (from £875)

I'm selling a lot of basses but have little time to put into marketing etc. All basses advertised will go on consignment sale in the next week or two. I wanted to put them up on here first to let BCers have a first chance (at a reduced price). Pricing reflects what I'd expect to realise post-brokerage fee (with a reduction for fellow forumites). Collection from central Manchester or professional packaging and carriage (around £80 extra). I will send overseas but charges will be higher. I'll try to answer emails or can talk by 'phone. I'm afraid that I have very little time due to pressure of work (hence consignment sales will start rapidly unless there's quick interest here) - telephone contact is preferable to PMs but a PM to start things rolling is good. Price is firm.

Please check out ads for: Sei Jazz 4; Fender Masterbuilt Jazz fretless; Fender Jazz '76 (original)

Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='Rayman' post='439285' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:46 PM']Exactly what I wanted before I got the Overwater. Stunning bass, this will fly out I'm sure.[/quote]

'Bet you're chuffed with the Overwater though - it looks gorgeous!

[quote name='lozbass' post='439372' date='Mar 19 2009, 05:11 PM']Thanks for the help - it'd be nice to see the bass move soon (and local?)[/quote]

I'll text my mate and see if he had a look at this. Surprised it's still here to be honest. Did the 5er go?

[quote name='Rayman' post='448965' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:07 PM']I'll text my mate and see if he had a look at this. Surprised it's still here to be honest. Did the 5er go?[/quote]
Thanks a lot - it would be nice to see the 4 go to a good home. The 5er has gone (to Didsbury so not too far!)