Why become a member? ×

Can anyone recommend voice training resources/coaching

Beedster

Folks, lockdown has meant that my business has gone largely digital and I'm doing more and more work into a mic, either in the studio recording podcasts and online content, and during Zoom meetings and sessions. My voice has always had good days and bad days and I've yet to really track the variables the predict this other than I can generate a gloriously Richard Burtonesque delivery when I have a hangover, the downside being that whilst my voice is great my ability to remember my lines (or sometimes even who I am) is significantly impaired. I had voice coaching  a few years back and it was really helpful, but I've forgotten much of it and also suspect that the content is sufficiently different now. I'm keen to find a decent online resource, and possible an online coach if necessary for two reasons; firstly, when my voice has a good day the response from the audience to my recorded material is infinitely better (I had an especially good day two weeks back and a client said "It's not the sort of stuff i'd normally choose to listen to but your voice drew me in", which really is exactly what I'm trying to do), but secondly, I'm aware that the bad days are getting worse, and I want to protect what is perhaps going to be my most important income generator (that and my skill at editing that can also make me sound quite intelligent) for as long as possible (re voice deterioration for example I sent a file to colleagues last week and it's the first time they've suggested a re-record on the basis of voice quality alone). Any suggestions/experience most welcome. Chris