will4bass

*Pending payment* Fodera Monarch Deluxe Custom VW5 2004
£6500
Hilversum, The Netherlands

Selling this one is a tough decision really, in fact I would never have expected selling it, but times are changing for me and I am thinning the herd which leads to selling great basses that happen to be in the same sonic area as others I have. 

Up for sale is my fat, funky, Fender-ish Fodera VW Deluxe Custom 5 built in 2004.

35” (easy to play: no additional stretching compared to most 34” basses)

Madascar Kingwood board

Dove-tail maple neck

Tiger maple front

Mahogany body (I think) 

4,5 kgs

Seymour Duncan dual coils

Dual action truss rod

Etc.

Some playing wear but overall in very good condition and technically 100%. Very solid bass, (low) action, string spacing (+/- 19mm) and neck curve anyway you like it.

Comes with original hard shell case

IMG_8653.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 3

Yes EMG size but original. I am the 2nd owner and I know the first owner who custom-ordered it like this.

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 17:57, will4bass said:

Yes EMG size but original. I am the 2nd owner and I know the first owner who custom-ordered it like this.

So, if you want EMG's changing pickups is quite easy.  

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LouieM
      Hello everyone  
      As you can see in the title i was wondering if anyone has built a clone of Cliff Burton's famous Rickenbacker. I was wondering if this would be a good idea if i start with a cheap copy.
      Thank you for reading  
    • By LordBarry
      Hi there,
      I put on sale this active Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 2009 from the American Deluxe series (2004-2009). The price is 1.250£.
      It is located in A Coruña (Spain)
      The Fender specifications are as follows: 
      Metallic silver headstock logo 
      Modern C-shaped, graphite reinforced neck.
      Contoured heel for more fret access 5 bolt neckplate with Corona California Fender logo stamped.
      Abalone dot fret markers. 
      Rosewood rolled edge fretboard. 
      Montego Black paint. 
      Gold pickguard 
      Through body or topload bridge. 
      Hipshot USA made Deluxe Lite-Bass tuning machines. 
      3 Band Active EQ with 18 volt power supply.
      Samarium ™ Cobalt Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups.
      Schaller Style Strap Lock Buttons.
      Alder body and maple neck, with a 9.5 "radius rosewood fingerboard. The bass is light and really well balanced (3.8kg or less, approx.) 
      Abalone inlays are just amazing. 
      The pickups are Fender SCN (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless), with a classic sound without any noise. 3-band EQ and very quiet, with a punchy output. 
      This pre-2010 Deluxe series has nothing to do with the later one. Only good things are said about its pickups, how balanced and comfortable it is. Depending on the EQ you use, you can have from the most classic and vintage sound to that powerful Marcus Miller sound, while maintaining that quality and sound so familiar from Fender. 
      The frets have just been luthier to be leveled although the bass has little use, as I have other Passives and I hardly play it. It has not passed through other hands. In fact, he hasn't been out of the house more than a couple of times. It is the real reason why I decided to put it up for sale, even if it costs me to part with it. For that reason it's only for sale, but I'm looking for an Aguilar Tone Hammer 350 or 500. So maybe a trade for Aguilar + money would be possible. 
      Apart from that I have enough equipment.
      As you can see in the images it is very well cared for and treated. The neck behaves perfectly and has a very comfortable action. It's a super versatile bass. Includes its Fender case. The only visible imperfect is a scratch on the pickguard (where you have access to the truss screw) that a luthier made when adjusting the neck and he seemed to find it too much work to unscrew the pickguard. The rest, natural marks of use. 
      We will discuss and figure out the best way for shipping. No problem, indeed!!
      Any questions or doubts do not hesitate to ask me. 
      Thanks for your time and interest.
      Héctor

• By mrbassman_de
      Selling a Fodera Emperor II Elite from 2001 with the following specs:
      Amazing Buckeye Burl Full Top
      Alder Body
      Brazilian Rosewood Board w 21 frets !
      35" scale, 19mm String spacing at bridge
      Pope Preamp, Seymour Duncan Single Coils in 70s positions
      Gold Hardware
      4,58 kg
      OHSC
      Top codition with only 2 dings on the body back (ca 2-3 mm).
      The 21 frets board and the 70s single coils make this a slap monster with a warm timbre due to the board wood !
      Low action. Everything works fine.
      Asking 6200 GBP (6800 EUR) plus shipping from Duesseldorf (Germany).
      Not looking for trades unless you have a nice Fodera Neckthrough 6 with 34" or less.

• By davidak
      Ash body, maple neck, dakota red nitro finish. Soft V neck profile, 44mm, 9,5' fretboard radius, gold anodised pickguard.

EXTREMELY lightweight at 3,43kg.

Made in 2014, this bass has one of the best heavy relic finishes I have ever seen, absolutely beautiful, superb sound and playability, as you would expect from Fender Custom Shop. Check pictures.

OHSC, case candy, COA etc.

Other pictures, details or floor traveller upon request.

Shipping is not a problem and is not expensive at all.

• By TimCook
      PRICE REDUCED to £550

Here’s a cracking bass which has been shamefully underused in the past 5 years, hence the sale.
      It’s a Bassline Buster Classic, made in Germany in 1996. Bassline are a small, custom bass company based in Germany. The new price of this would’ve been circa £1600. A few years ago I contacted Bassline directly who were ace to give me the following wood specs:
      Body european ash, hardmaple neck, and a padouk fingerboard
      It has LeFay pickups and a Noll 2-band EQ with controls for Volume (push/pull for passive mode), Bass, Treble and Pickup Pan. Nut Width is 38mm and there’s a ‘Zero’ fret. It also has Neutrik locking jack socket and Schaller strap locks (with 2 positions at the bridge end to quickly jump between heights which conveniently also makes it stable resting on the floor).
      It’s in ace condition, although I’d note there’s a tiny indent on the scoop up to the fingerboard past the 24th fret and few marks on the lower horn and body edge where I knocked the bass over after posting this ad (see photos in comments). All minor and character adding in my opinion - like us all it’s lived!
      Playability wise, it has he slimmest, fastest neck I’ve ever encountered. It’s also super lightweight (3.7kg) so along with the fast neck you can keep going for hours.
      I don’t have a gig bag but the bass will be shipped very securely in a Fender cardboard bass box, within hand-carved polystyrene protection.
      Any questions or you’d like a test drive, feel free to pop me a message!
      Tim