Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray FT

simon1964

This is the second Stingray I've owned. Fantastic to play, brilliant neck, and seems to fit like a glove. But I just don't think the Stingray sound is for me!

Its in good nick - the neck was grubby when I bought it, but has cleaned up nicely. 2 Band EQ, four string. I also have a John East 3 band Stingray EQ which I've never fitted, but which I could include in the right deal.

I'm in no hurry to get rid of it, and I'm not 100% sure on trades. Probably something Warwick, Sandberg or possibly a nice Jazz. Try me!

[attachment=22156:post_915...4697_ray.jpg]

I can send more pics if anyone's interested.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='TommyK' post='436557' date='Mar 16 2009, 07:57 PM']I have a very pretty Arctic white Fender Jaguar that is mint. Bit of a long shot i know, but if you dont ask..............[/quote]

Not a huge fan of the Jaguar to be honest, but thanks for the interest.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='438750' date='Mar 18 2009, 10:40 PM']make your mind up simon! :)
I've played this and it's a gorgeous bass![/quote]

LOL!

It is very nice to play, with possibly the nicest neck I've encountered, but I find it gets a bit lost in the mix with the band (unlike a certain $$ I sold to fund the purchase :rolleyes: )

On balance, following tips from several people on here, I'm going to fit the East pre-amp, and possibly a Nordstrand. Sacrilege to die-hard Stingray fans, but I'm hoping that will give me a fatter, more rounded tone.

So, all PMs replied to - thanks for the interest, but now withdrawn (until the next time I change my mind!!)

[quote name='simon1964' post='438974' date='Mar 19 2009, 10:07 AM']LOL!

It is very nice to play, with possibly the nicest neck I've encountered, but I find it gets a bit lost in the mix with the band (unlike a certain $$ I sold to fund the purchase :rolleyes: )

On balance, following tips from several people on here, I'm going to fit the East pre-amp, and possibly a Nordstrand. Sacrilege to die-hard Stingray fans, but I'm hoping that will give me a fatter, more rounded tone.

So, all PMs replied to - thanks for the interest, but now withdrawn (until the next time I change my mind!!)[/quote]
Hey i promised myself i wouldn't mention that so as not to rub it in! :)

May be a good idea to play with it a little though if you can afford it, make an instrument that feels right to you, sound right too. I hear the bartolini pickups sound a bit warmer and fatter with less attack if that's any help?