chyc

Practice headphone amp with bluetooth capability

Does anyone know if there's a headphone practice amp with Bluetooth capability? I want something I can put into my bass gig bag. The Ashdown Tone Pocket would be perfect for the lack of BT. I know it has a line-in, but increasingly phones just don't have that capability, and even if it did I prefer the convenience of not plugging it in. As an aside it would make for a nice headphone adapter for a phone for general use when not practising.

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/accessories/products/tone-pocket-headphone-pre-amp

There are practice amps with the functionality, but nothing that I would consider portable enough to sling into a gig-bag.

Is there a product I'm just not finding with my Google-fu?

TonePocketSideMain_1200x.png?v=153546417

I use a lighting to 3.5mm cable for that. A guess Bluetooth would eat battery power? You could get a BT reciever and plug that in, which you could charge separately? 

Just now, ped said:

I use a lighting to 3.5mm cable for that. A guess Bluetooth would eat battery power? You could get a BT reciever and plug that in, which you could charge separately? 

Yeah, battery life would be worse, but a phone can send stuff to headphones and battery-dependent headphones can receive it so it can't be a colossal drain surely?

A BT receiver might be an option if the thing I'm looking for doesn't exist so thanks for the tip. It seems strange if an all-in-one system doesn't exist though. At home I have an Amplifi TT which does do what I want but is far too big otherwise (as well as being mains powered). Before I bought it I thought I'd never use the BT capability but since buying it I've grown to love the convenience.

It's as if @Ashdown Engineering reads basschat/my mind! Thank you Ashdown, your new Bluetooth Tone Pocket is the product I've been waiting for. Once I am unshackled from lockdown's restrictions I'll be heading to my local music shop to try this out, and let's be honest I'll probably buy it.

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/new-for-namm-21/products/tone-pocket-bluetooth

TonepocketWhtBTFrontSq_1200x.jpg?v=16104

Edited by chyc
Trimmed URL for link to product
  • Like 2

That's great! Also worth a look is the NUX Mighty Plug

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By geofio
      Hi Def music player and Dac with Beats Solo Headphones, Fiio X3 hi def music player, , 192khz 24 bit playback freq response 10-20,000hz, 103db dynamic range,  audio formats include, AAC, APE , FLAC , MP3 , MPEG 2, OGG, WAV, WMA.
      The unit will playback for 11 hours on one charge, has 8GB of internal memory it also has a 32gb micro sd card included, it can take up to 128GB cards, screen is 2.4 inches, outputs are usb , line out hi or lo switchable, digital out coaxial, headphone out.
      built in equalizer also you can select hi or lo output via any of the outputs, volume is crazy loud on this player ,  . Just hook up to line out or digital out and you have a high quality audio system to connect to your hi fi at home. .    £80 that includes postage 
      my feedback  

• By OliverBlackman
      Hi Basschatters,
      The ear padding (no idea the real term) is starting to crumble on my AT headphones. Can these be easily replaced or is it a case of throw away and buy new?
    • By loremil
      Selling this GR BASS 700+ lightweight bass amp head. Completely Made in Italy, this is a small but very powerful bass head that delivers 350W at 8 ohms and 700W at 4 ohms.
      I'm selling this as I really don't use it much, it has seen mostly home and some live use but is in great condition. The fan is slightly noisy but it can be turned on and off, and when really needed in live situations it can't be heard at all. Features include a Sub Filter switch to remove inaudible sub frequencies which increases you speaker efficiency, a 400Hz-800Hz frequency selector switch for the mids, a dedicated DI volume which also acts as a headphone volume, an AUX input, headphone jack for silent practicing, and a handy mute button.
      Comes with a power lead and a handy Gator Cases carry bag. Collection in Hackney, London or shipping at buyer's expense. Thanks for looking!
      Here are the full specs:
      POWER
      700W RMS 4 ohm, 350W 8 ohm
      DIMENSIONS
      Dimensions: 24 x 20 x 5 cm
      Weight: 2,1 Kg
      PLUS
      - VU meter led
      - 9 Volt Output pedal effects
      - Switch fan on/off noiseless
      - Subsonic filter for woofer protection
      - Color: black (other colours available on request)
      - Panel+logo: brushed aluminium with possibility of colours customization
      FRONT PANEL
      - Input
      - V meter dot bar
      - -10 db
      - Aux In
      - Gain
      - Mid Eq
      - Bass
      - Mid Frequency 400-800 hz
      - High
      - Sub Filter
      - Volume DI / headphone
      - Master
      - Mute
      - Led mute
      - Out headphone
      REAR PANEL
      - Input 230-115v (auto selectable)
      - 9 Volt
      - Tuner Out
      - Send/Return
      - Pre/Post DI
      - DI Output
      - Speakon/Jack Outputs

• By AxelF
      Airturn BT200S-2 for sale, wireless bluetooth controller for tablets/computers. Small stomp box size with two footswitches, can be used for a massive range of functions - changing presets or settings on other devices/keyboards/tablets, as a foot operated page turner for reading scores, triggering effects/patches/samples etc etc. Comes with a USB 9V adapter, can also be run off standard pedal board power supplies.
      Never used in anger so boxed and essentially 'as new' condition - the project I bought it for never got past the 'wouldn't it be cool if...' stage.
      £50 including UK delivery

• By AJ567
      Very handy pedalboard-friendly headphone amp. Ideal for practice and wired IEM purposes (especially because it has a limiter function like high-end IEM transmitters, so any mic drops/sound man snafus don't blow your eardrums).
      Footprint is just 100mm x 92mm 
      More info here.
      EDIT: WILL INCLUDE POWER SUPPLY FOR £5 EXTRA. These do not come with a power supply as stock, but I have one which works perfectly which I can include if you like - see last pic. NB this unit needs 15V centre-positive.