Why become a member? ×

Anticipations - What do you currently await arriving in the mail or plan to acquire in the nearest future? -

Baloney Balderdash

On 12/10/2020 at 17:29, Baloney Balderdash said:

Awaiting a NUX Mini Core SE Phaser, which is the same as the Koko Mini Phaser, a digital emulation of the MXR Phase 90, just with an added depth and mix control, beside the speed control of the original, as well as a TC Electronic Blood Moon phaser, which is analog, and likely to be a clone of the Boss PH-1r, both should arive with the mail service tomorrow. 

One of those is going to replace the Xvive V6 Phaser King that I previously used, parallelly mixed with a flanger via my Boss LS-2, since I discovered that the Xvive sucked the high end out of my signal badly. 

Also concluded that I don't need a compressor first in my chain, beside my EHX Black Finger, that is placed towards the end of it, the TC Electronic SpectraComp is still an amazing compressor pedal though, I just have any use of it currently, but will keep it anyway.

Both phaser pedals were faulty. :sad:

The TC Electronic phaser sucked tone, even if it is supposed to be true bypass, and when engaged there was a noticeable volume drop as well as both a high end and bottom end suck, making it sound really thin, weak and anemic.

The NUX mutes the signal if you plug the jack plug all the way into the input jack socket of the pedal, like you are supposed to, though that can be fixed by pulling it slightly out again, but engaged it sucked high end and seemed to boost the bass as well, resulting in an extremely muddy signal, and on top of that it hardly produced any phaser effect, even on max settings.

So returning both and getting a TC Electronic Helix phaser instead.

Placing my order on Friday on that, as well as a Harley Benton SpaceShip 40 pedal board, to mount all my pedals on, and patch cables with extremely flat plugs, for a tight fit.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

48 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Both phaser pedals were faulty. :sad:

The TC Electronic phaser sucked tone, even if it is supposed to be true bypass, and when engaged there was a noticeable volume drop as well as both a high end and bottom end suck, making it sound really thin, weak and anemic.

The NUX mutes the signal if you plug the jack plug all the way into the input jack socket of the pedal, like you are supposed to, though that can be fixed by pulling it slightly out again, but engaged it sucked high end and seemed to boost the bass as well, resulting in a extremely muddy signal, and on top of that it hardly produced any phaser effect, even on max settings.

So returning both and getting a TC Electronic Helix phaser instead.

Placing my order on Friday on that, as well as a Harley Benton SpaceShip 40 pedal board, to mount all my pedals on, and patch cables with extremely flat plugs, for a tight fit.

Thats strange don't get that happen with my blood moon what a shame yours was faulty