Why become a member? ×

Hi From Holland

snarie

Hello Fellow bassplayers!

Let me introduce myself: my name is Arjen, I live in the Netherlands. And Obviously, I play the bass(guitar).
I've been a reading along on this forum for a while, and i really like the amount of knowledge and experience what is being shared here. :-)

General info:

Bands:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/rockingepsilon"]Epsilon[/url] (alt. Rock)

Gear:
Fender Bassman 135 + 4*12'' cab (and next to it my Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II + 4*10'' cab)

Fender-like bass (my main instrument)

That's my most important gear, i've got some more basses but I dont have any pics of them right now :)

Groeten! (Greetings)

arjen

[quote name='snarie' post='435804' date='Mar 16 2009, 09:32 AM']Hello Fellow bassplayers!

Let me introduce myself: my name is Arjen, I live in the Netherlands. And Obviously, I play the bass(guitar).
I've been a reading along on this forum for a while, and i really like the amount of knowledge and experience what is being shared here. :-)

General info:

Bands:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/rockingepsilon"]Epsilon[/url] (alt. Rock)

Gear:
Fender Bassman 135 + 4*12'' cab (and next to it my Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II + 4*10'' cab)

Fender-like bass (my main instrument)

That's my most important gear, i've got some more basses but I dont have any pics of them right now :)

Groeten! (Greetings)

arjen[/quote]

Hallo Arjen!

Welcome to the world of Basschat!

I really like that black bass - did you modify the body shape yourself? It looks like you have a Schaller bridge on there - excellent!

All the Bass!

Nick

Thanks for the welcome! Great that a basscomunity is open for foreign bassplayers :-)

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='436824' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:15 AM']Hallo Arjen!

Welcome to the world of Basschat!

I really like that black bass - did you modify the body shape yourself? It looks like you have a Schaller bridge on there - excellent!

All the Bass!

Nick[/quote]

Nick:

Thanks! And no, I didn't modified the body myself. This was how I bought it... The reason I fell in love with it is its neck. The neck is great, very smooth, and big like a log :-) The bridge is a Schaller indeed.
In the picture the bass has Bartolini Pickups, which I've replaced with Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders for a more direct rock sound.

Overal it is not a top notch bass (the finish is very worn, neck is somewhat flexible, one of the tuners vibrates audible whilst playing, difficult to intonate, etc.) but i really love her!