Why become a member? ×

Pre amp on active bass?

Thunderbird

In my brief ownership of a Stingray I kept all the eq on the bass flat and put it through my Para Driver. Nothing wrong with the eq on the bass but I wanted some gain/overdrive so needed the pedal for that, so figured use the eq on it as well. Plus given my cack handed playing style I’m not that much in favour of having any controls on my instruments in any settings other than full off, full on or on a centre detente as if I nudge them when playing difficult to gauge exactly where they were before if not as above.

4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

In my brief ownership of a Stingray I kept all the eq on the bass flat and put it through my Para Driver. Nothing wrong with the eq on the bass but I wanted some gain/overdrive so needed the pedal for that, so figured use the eq on it as well. Plus given my cack handed playing style I’m not that much in favour of having any controls on my instruments in any settings other than full off, full on or on a centre detente as if I nudge them when playing difficult to gauge exactly where they were before if not as above.

Thanks lozz I'm thinking of maybe more flexibility and maybe drive but not full on blow you away if you get me