Why become a member? ×

Where can I find ........ a Fender jazz 5 string

Golchen

I really fancy a fender Jazz bass at the moment, and I like the idea of a maple fretboard. I went into central London mid-week hoping to find something, but I didn't find a single 5 string jazz anywhere! London ain't as good as it used to be!

Anyone know of any shops selling such a bass? I live in Bedfordshire.

Closest I can find is a Squier Affinity 5 at Machine Head Music in Hitchin. Becoming quite a desert down there, eh?

Just checked the bass centre, but you never know what stock they actually have. They are showing availabilty on the Mexican Deluxe 5 & the American Standard 5.

Just looked around for Fenders, including at Reverb. Talk about a price increase! American Standards are practically knocking on entry level Status prices!

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried that squier at the weekend! Didn't much like it , and when I tried a Fender american jazz (only 4 string though) it played sooooo much better.

The trouble with the bass centre is I'm not keen on parting with cash for an instrument that I haven't seen first, let alone got my hands on!

Thanks. I look at the for sale section every day actually, and I've seen the other similar stuff, but I really feel drawn to Fender at the moment, and in particular a sunburst finish with a maple fretboard.

Irritatingly, exactly what I'm after got sold here a couple of weeks ago. Just missed out!

Edited by Golchen

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Golchen' post='435911' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:29 AM']Thanks. I look at the for sale section every day actually, and I've seen the other similar stuff, but I really feel drawn to Fender at the moment, and in particular a sunburst finish with a maple fretboard.

Irritatingly, exactly what I'm after got sold here a couple of weeks ago. Just missed out![/quote]

I wasn't looking for a 5 string Fender Jazz with a maple fingerboard, I was in desperate need of an amp, but when i saw one hanging on the wall in Sound Control in Leeds a few years ago i knew i was gonna leave with it and in debt! Had to have it.

Still not what you want, but i saw a beautiful sunburst Marcus Miller Jazz 4 string with maple board (obviously) in Sounds Live in Newcastle the other week. If the shop hadn't been closed i think i would had that as well!