Why become a member? ×

Anyone played at P J Molloys in Dunfermline?

Delberthot

My rock band is due to play there next month and apparently there is some gear there for bands to use but I'm not sure exactly what there is.

I'll still be taking my usual gear with me but thought I'd check in case it was decent stuff - I'd heard mention of Ampeg but don't know what the likelyhood of a pub in Dunfermline having an SVT head and 8x10" is.

If anyone here has played there, could you let me know what to expect?

Cheers

Edited by Delberthot

We've played there alot. (the videos on my webite were shot there - www.bigtuna.co.uk ). i always take my own rig, primarily because it's what I'm used to - has the features I need and I KNOW it all works. They have an SVT3 and what I assume is a 4x10 but I don't know how it sounds as I've never played through it. They also have 2 Marshall 1/2 stacks for your guitarists if they want to travel light.
It's a great place to play - you get plenty set up time and the sound guys know what they're doing so if you want a particular mix in the monitors they can get it. Only problem is it's a very late night. I didn't get back to Broxburn till 2.30 this saturday morning.

Cool. thanks for that. I'll probably just take my own gear as well.

Its taken me long enought to get my sound without fiddling with something I've never tried before. Plus, if its an SVT III then its only solid state - an SVT II May have been another story.

I'll let my guitarist know about the Marshalls although he'll probably still want to take his Peavey 5150 combo.