Why become a member? ×

SOLD STC - Epiphone EB-0 cherry red nearly new £100 including UK delivery.

redstriper

Here is a lovely Epiphone EB-0 30" short scale bass.
it is four months old and hardly used.
It plays and sounds great - loud, deep and punchy with a good straight neck, nice action and excellent build quality.
There are 2 tiny dints on the back of the neck which are too small to photograph, otherwise it is absolutely mint.
It still has the plastic covering on the scratch and back plates and it comes in the original box.

I want £100 including UK delivery via DHL.

Edited by redstriper

[quote name='harryharold' post='435687' date='Mar 16 2009, 12:04 AM']Damn i've been gasing after one of these at the moment, but its a bolt on, does this mean its quite new? how common are the set neck versions?[/quote]

Yep it's nearly new and the neck is definately bolted on.

[quote name='harryharold' post='435687' date='Mar 16 2009, 12:04 AM']Damn i've been gasing after one of these at the moment, but its a bolt on, does this mean its quite new? how common are the set neck versions?[/quote]

As far as I know all Epiphone EB-0s have been bolt on neck. The only Epi EB set necks are the long scale EB-3 and the short scale Elitist EB-3, which is a rare as the fecal matter produced by rocking horses.

well if there's no possibility of finding a set neck one it makes this quite appealing, i have been lusting after mike watts bass and want modify one of these to look similar. not sure you can go wrong for the price, i'll have a little think, and look into getting a bridge and pickups etc.

I wouldn't change any of the hardware until you've tried it.
The pup is powerful and meaty, very loud and the bass growls like an angry lion.
It has a unique sound, probably due to the solid mahogany and the neck humbucker, it's ideal for wild aggresive rock and also has the retro look for indie bands.
The bridge and tuners are good and sturdy and it stays in tune no problem, in fact the overall build quality is excellent and it looks stunning.
It is very lightweight, easy to play and I could see a young rocker having a lorra fun with it.
I fitted rotosound black nylon RS88s in a vain attempt to tame the beast and I will include those with the original unused roundwounds in the deal.

The action is quite low and fast to play, it has not been set up and is pretty much straight from the factory.
It would probably benefit from a set up, although the intonation and neck profile are fine for me.
A well made instrument all round and a great buy for anyone wanting that sound and look.