Why become a member? ×

live indoor performances will be able to resume in England from Saturday

skidder652003

1 hour ago, steantval said:

I wonder if the bands are getting paid.

Might be popping in there a pint at the weekend so I'll see if I can find out.

I've played there a few times, it's a great pub and crowd, and medium sized so I guess they might space out the tables and seating and convert the dance floor into table space to help with the distancing. There's no outside performance space, just a couple of tables out front.

16 minutes ago, la bam said:

Can you play inside, or are all these upcoming gigs outside?

Pretty sure these gigs are inside, unless they close off the side road and put up a marquee or something - it's gonna pour down this weekend I think.

I'll be honest, I don't know what the latest rules are for inside, except something like, you can play quietly so people don't have to shout. And horn instruments are a no no. Nothing in my diary yet so I haven't had to gen up on performing rules.

1 hour ago, la bam said:

I'm baffled.

If we (in manchester) cant even have 5 people in a designated big socially distanced rehersal room to practice, how can their be gigs indoors in pubs? .....

https://www.musiciansunion.org.uk/Home/News/2020/Aug/Indoor-Live-Performances-Permitted-in-England-from

From what I've seen on the news, some areas have 'local' lockdowns in place that prohibit people from different households meeting indoors. Nothing to stop people in those areas "doing a Dominic Cummings" by testing their eyesight by driving down to Bristol for the weekend...😉

• Haha 1