Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003S Mapleglo

magee

Hello,
I am selling a 1995 Rickenbacker 4003S in Mapleglo.
It's in super condition and has clearly been well looked after, and sounds fantastic.
It is all original apart from the neck pickup, which was replaced with a Seymour Duncan by a previous owner, who also painted the scratch plate and truss rod cover red.

There are a couple of tiny marks here and there as you'd expect from a 13 year old instrument, but they are very hard to see and don't even come up in pictures. There are a couple around the jack socket, whose shiny metal is a little cracked, but I've included a close up picture so that you can see even here they're negligible.

I had it valued by Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow [they do Franz Ferdinand's intsruments and the like], who said it should get £1300. I'm not entirely convinced in the current climate, so am looking for £1100. Do let me know by PM, though, if you think the pricing is way out, I'm not an expert by any means.

This was bought in New York a couple of years ago and is lovely, but I just don't think I'm a Ric person.

Thanks for your time, do get in touch with any questions you might have, and I have a few feedbacks here you can check out,
yours,
Matthew

[attachment=21972:ric_whole.jpg]

[attachment=21973:ric_front.jpg]

[attachment=21974:ric_back.jpg]

[attachment=21975:ric_side.jpg]

Hello,
just wondering have I completely mispriced this, has the shop I consulted about value just got it completely wrong? I'd appreciate any views, particularly from anyone who might want it, but at a lower price. I'm perfectly open to the idea that I've just got it wrong. There's been a deathly silence on this thread, which suggests I might.
Thanks,
Matthew

[quote name='magee' post='440670' date='Mar 20 2009, 10:51 PM']Hello,
just wondering have I completely mispriced this, has the shop I consulted about value just got it completely wrong? I'd appreciate any views, particularly from anyone who might want it, but at a lower price. I'm perfectly open to the idea that I've just got it wrong. There's been a deathly silence on this thread, which suggests I might.
Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]
AROUND £800 WOULD BE A SELLER. ALL DEPENDS HOW QUICK AND BADLY YOU NEED THE MONEY , YOU COULD SIT ON IT FOR 6 MONTHS OR SO AND YOU MIGHT GET THE ASKING PRICE, UP TO YOU. ITS NOT YHE MOST POPULAR FINISH TO SELL. GORD.

Edited by geofio

[quote name='magee' post='440670' date='Mar 20 2009, 09:51 PM']Hello,
Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

to be honest, I don't think the painted scrathchplate and truss rod cover are doing it any favours. If people buy a Ric, its a large part down to the classic look. Can you strip the paint from the guard and TRC without damaging them? In original condition, I think you'll sell it much quicker - I might even be tempted myself!