Learn the bass line from The Police classic, ‘Message In A Bottle.’

The main riff is so fun to play and I love the Reggae inspired chorus bass line. 

There is a free PDF with the video lesson.  Choose between standard notation or Tab versions. 

https://youtu.be/y24bQzreHyQ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

Other stuff was a lot more ‘reggae-inspired’...surely?

Yes you are right, there is loads of Reggae influence on The Police songs.  

I do love the Reggae style bass line in the chorus for this song though. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PWitz
      Hello I was looking for the BASS tabs for Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon song.  i have found two that were not correct and although I'm trying to pick up by ear and watching several videos I am still struggling.  As a new bass player I am just trying to make sure I am right.  Thanks for info you can send in advance!!
      Phil
    • By Misowaki
      Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders - £80 ONO inc. postage
      Still attached to the Squier pots if you want them
      *sold* 

Bridge pup, Fender Standard - £35 £30 £25 inc. postage
      AFAIK is the same pup in both USA and MIM Standard. A quick search tells me it was used in the Road Worn, Classic 60's and earlier Hwy 1 series. Bobbin says 048613. 

• By greghagger
      Bluegrass is a style that needs a bass player with great feel and a solid sound. 
      Traditional Bluegrass would be played on upright bass but it does work on electric bass too, with the right approach. 
      Learn how to put this into practice with pivotal bluegrass bass techniques. 
      In the video you also get to listen to a full Bluegrass band covering a Union Station song. 

• By greghagger
      In the lesson I give you techniques to help play and create your own Walking Bass Lines for Shuffle Blues. 
      There is also a Backing Track For practicing and a bit of Blues history. 
      This is suitable for anyone wishing to start playing walking bass over 12-Bar Blues.

• By greghagger
      Do you want to create your own Ska Bass Lines?  If so you’ll love this video lesson. 
      Find out the techniques used by Ska bassists and how to apply them to your own bass lines. 
      Free PDF in the video description and live backing track.
      https://youtu.be/NVp-oc4ajIc