Why become a member? ×

Writing on an ireal pro chart

Petey

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 22:24, Petey said:

I'm at a stage where I need to write some notes for myself on ireal charts and wondered if anyone could shed any light on how I would go about it - thanks

Hi. I have a feeling that the short answer is you can't. 

It's designed for chord charts. You can add single bass notes, for those times when say the chord is D but the bass plays A (usually shown with the bass note following a /) but not runs of notes. 

I decided to use Musescore when I reached a similar point. It means getting to grips with notation but lots of folk here helped me to learn. 

Hi Stew, Thanks for your reply - i'll check Musescore out.

I heard someone sometime ago talk using an apple I-pen and another programme, where you dump the chord chart into it and can annotate it using the pen on the screen, but i'm stumped as to what to do next . I don't have a problem with notation only the technology, ipen and using a programe

the type of writing I want to do on a chord chart is - chord subs, what key a piece is in (charts can change - lots), words like scale choices and general notes to myself - I understand that this can be done with an I-pen (it's about 100 quid) its just finding the correct programme and a tutorial on how to use it

• 11 months later...