Why become a member? ×

Problems with my Tascam MP-BT1

GreeneKing

I just wonder if anyone else has had a problem like this:

I downloaded some MP3s onto it a couple of days ago and initially the album tracks were displaying wierdly like `¬$^`&+~#' and then the whole unit went 'sqewif'and locked up. I just felt like it needed a re-boot but it wouldn't turn off and none of the controls had any affect.

I put it away still on and contacted Fair Deal Music who I bought it from.

I got it out of the box today and it had shut itself down on low battery. I connected it to the mains and restarted it. I connected it to the PC and did a disc cleanup and then deleted the dodgy MP3s. It all seems fine now. Anyone else had a similar problem.

I'm wondering if it's got a fault now or not. I've lost the receipt and Fair Deal seem to be struggling to find my records anyway (I may of bought it over a year ago)

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

There is a full reset available in teh menu, but you will lose everything on the memory. You could try that. I have one and i did have some problems with the on/button, but Tascam resolved it for me.
other wise delete the tracks and start again. I am assuming that youve got the correct bit rate for the down load?
Cheers
Matt

Too late!

I actually did a soft reset/full reformat, not the pin in the hole bit.

Hopefully this has sorted it. I think the problem was initiated by my download, possibly the wrong bitrate.

Fingers crossed and thanks.

Edited by GreeneKing

I had a problem with mine when I connected it to the PC. It fired up and was recognised by the PC, but before I could do anything, it was powered off and the connection lost. Then it came back on and went off again every few seconds. I kept getting beeping noises from the PC every time it made then lost a connection which was driving me mad. When I read the documentation, it seems that there can be problems connecting via a USB hub. After I plugged it directly into the computer, it worked fine.

Nothing to do with this thread, but I felt the need to share.