Why become a member? ×

MT Power Drummer VST

Nicko

It's free to download from powerdrumkit.com..., so not a factor in choosing a DAW. It's very worthy (and free...), with a few 'grooves' that are easy to pull into the DAW. The sounds are convincing; although there's only one kit, so it fits the composition or it doesn't. A good choice for those inexperienced in drum VST stuff, and well worth its price. ;)

One very nice feature is the ability to send the mixer output to separate tracks in the DAW, which allows specific Fx, for instance; many 'simple' kits can't do that, so, if a 'slap-back' is wanted on the snare alone, or a light phaser on the cymbals, this is a Good Choice even amongst the free kits out there.

I have several VST drums (I'm a drummer, so...), which I use extensively, but this one is useful as a 'plug'n'play' kit when I just want to hear what the beat sound like. I'd choose another (expensive...) VST if I want to dive in further, but this one does a Good Job just the same. Can't go wrong for the price.

2 hours ago, Nicko said:

Can it really be as good as it seems for nowt?

It's free to download from powerdrumkit.com..., so not a factor in choosing a DAW. It's very worthy (and free...), with a few 'grooves' that are easy to pull into the DAW. The sounds are convincing; although there's only one kit, so it fits the composition or it doesn't. A good choice for those inexperienced in drum VST stuff, and well worth its price. ;)

One very nice feature is the ability to send the mixer output to separate tracks in the DAW, which allows specific Fx, for instance; many 'simple' kits can't do that, so, if a 'slap-back' is wanted on the snare alone, or a light phaser on the cymbals, this is a Good Choice even amongst the free kits out there.

I have several VST drums (I'm a drummer, so...), which I use extensively, but this one is useful as a 'plug'n'play' kit when I just want to hear what the beat sound like. I'd choose another (expensive...) VST if I want to dive in further, but this one does a Good Job just the same. Can't go wrong for the price; it's a 'no-brainer'.

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

I have several VST drums (I'm a drummer, so...), which I use extensively, but this one is useful as a 'plug'n'play' kit when I just want to hear what the beat sound like. I'd choose another (expensive...) VST if I want to dive in further, but this one does a Good Job just the same. Can't go wrong for the price; it's a 'no-brainer'.

Thanks Doug.  As a newbie to ST drums the plan is to download this and see if I can get anything worth having before committing to purchasing somehing a bit more flexible.  From yor rsponse it seems like is the perfect place to start.

It sounds great and is easy to use for someone that doesn't really know what they are doing (i.e. me).

The only minor downside is that if you don't donate you have to open the plugin and dismiss the splash screen every time you load a project using it otherwise no sound comes out.

• Like 1