Why become a member? ×

mag 600w amp

bassmansky

soundslive are advertising a mag 600w amp on its own or in a special deal with either a 1x15 or 2x10 classic ashdown cab.they state that the amp is uk built and its exclusive to soundslive.this is obviously a deal they have with ashdown at the moment,but wonder why the mag head is being built over here again and at a good price of £300.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='428250' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:39 PM']soundslive are advertising a mag 600w amp on its own or in a special deal with either a 1x15 or 2x10 classic ashdown cab.they state that the amp is uk built and its exclusive to soundslive.this is obviously a deal they have with ashdown at the moment,but wonder why the mag head is being built over here again and at a good price of £300.[/quote]

I saw this a while back and was very confused. I wouldn't of thought Ashdown would bother to build some UK MAGs anymore.

[quote name='Clockworkwar' post='428255' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:46 PM']I saw this a while back and was very confused. I wouldn't of thought Ashdown would bother to build some UK MAGs anymore.[/quote]

might be something to do with how the economy is at the moment.not a bad deal though as the cheapest price at my local store was £585 for the 2x10 classic cab.although soundslive did have that cab on offer at £377 for 2 or 3 weeks a while ago.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='428299' date='Mar 7 2009, 11:19 PM']might be something to do with how the economy is at the moment.not a bad deal though as the cheapest price at my local store was £585 for the 2x10 classic cab.although soundslive did have that cab on offer at £377 for 2 or 3 weeks a while ago.[/quote]

The cabs are great (out of my price range but sound good when played at the stores)

[quote name='phatbass787' post='431731' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:49 PM']Cool, these look very nice, looks like an ABM Vinyl sleeve and other posh bits and cheaper than a Chinese Mag! Great to see Ashdown still making lots of stuff in the UK.[/quote]
+1,just wish i could afford a classic cab!

Soundslive have had deals like this in the past.
I remember a couple of years ago they were selling MAG heads but with the vinyl covering. Nowhere else had these.
In fact, these might be the same ones. if so will be quite old so could possibly be the last of the UK heads.
As they are EVO I (i dont remember MAGS ever being called EVO until the current EVO II's though) and not the current EVO II i guess they could be old stock.
Just a theory though.

I'm quite interested in one of these as a back up for my 'on its way' Ashdown ABM RC 500 - are the English MAGs good or bad? I know there's been issues with MAG stuff and their reputation is a bit iffy but I love the sound of them. My tutor uses a MAG 300 head and nothing else - it sounds fantastic and makes me wonder why you pay double for fancy features you really don't need.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='432241' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:57 AM']I'm quite interested in one of these as a back up for my 'on its way' Ashdown ABM RC 500 - are the English MAGs good or bad? I know there's been issues with MAG stuff and their reputation is a bit iffy but I love the sound of them. My tutor uses a MAG 300 head and nothing else - it sounds fantastic and makes me wonder why you pay double for fancy features you really don't need.[/quote]

I have a MAG 250 head thats made in England, it certainly is not going to fail. It has been going strong for 6 years.