Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For Jamerson fans...

99ster

Came across this link on the FDP forum - a fantastic [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Two-Edwin-Starr-Blinky/dp/B000BQ4MY8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1236423460&sr=8-11"]Motown album by Edwin Starr & Blinky[/url]...(a limited edition run of only 5000 CDs). With Jamerson [b]VERY[/b] prominent in the mix & laying down some huge fat soul grooves. Fabulous stuff. "I'm Glad You Belong To Me" has some jaw dropping playing...
:)

Edited by 99ster

Thats a great album,Its also on spotify if you search for Blinky.Whilst you're there check out her version of "The hunter gets captured by the game",IIRC they gave this one to someone else in the Motown stable but i reckon this one's by far the best version of the song. :)

Slightly off topic but I was at a big showbiz party once entertaining a client and the band were really funky.

The thing that suprised me was how many Edwin Starr songs they were playing - The person I was with mentioned this to one of the organisers & said the singer was very good but had a bit of an Edwin Starr fixation going on.

The organiser casually pointed out that this was because the singer actually was Edwin Starr :blush:

The pair of us slid quietly away into a corner. . .

Never heard of Blinky before, will definitely fire up my Spotify for a listen :)

Hunter Gets Captured was originally the Marvelettes I think.