Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dean DOA Bass 2009

jimbartlett

Hi guys and girls!

The DOA 2009 Bass is nearly finished, they are taking orders up until 15th March 2009. Once this date passes they will not take anymore orders and the Basses will be produced. They are only making to order so as you can tell, this will be a limited edition. Picture below of the Prototype and also a link to the Dean thread where you can place your order if you want to.

Thanks,

Jim.

Dean Thread: [url="http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56206&start=400"]DEAN DOA BASS THREAD[/url]

[quote name='Eight' post='425804' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:26 AM']I've never liked Vs... but something about this one is really appealing. Did they release the pricing yet?[/quote]

Yes, it's roughly $800 including a custom made hard case.

I have the same pickups on my Dean TRML Bass and they rival my Gibson Thunderbird for thunderyness (if that is a word!).

Dean are making USA made Basses this year, the prototype was displayed at the DOA 2009 show last weekend.

Ha ha!

Yeah, about £600 plus shipping. They won't be making any more than ordered and I am very happy because I have my name down for the first one! So far there are 22 being made so this will be marked on the headstock (#1 of 22) and the 12th fret marker says "DOA 2009" on the fingerboard. If you are really interested, they will let you pay in installments but, you will have to pay for it in full before they ship. Dave at BRG (he is on the thread) is the guy to talk to.

[quote name='josh3184' post='426636' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:21 PM']its a lovely finish but I can never imagine playing it onstage unless I had some sort of sweaty dank long hair and wear a tank top :)[/quote]

It's a shame you feel you have to make comments like that to someone you have never met. Do you not think that someone could take offence to that? I don't but why should you take the rise out of someone for their choice of Guitar? I have not and will not make any comment about the type of person I think you are judging by what you play.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='426892' date='Mar 6 2009, 08:05 AM']It's a shame you feel you have to make comments like that to someone you have never met. Do you not think that someone could take offence to that? I don't but why should you take the rise out of someone for their choice of Guitar? I have not and will not make any comment about the type of person I think you are judging by what you play.[/quote]

Dude he's just making a joke! I'm afraid what type of guitar you play does have more of an impact on how you look than you might think. You've got to admit that it would look very weird if someone in a pop band was playing an ESP F-series bass. Conversely, if you were playing metal it wouldn't do much for you if you strapped on a daisy rock guitar unless you were deliberately going for some ironic statement. Now obviously you don't have to be a frank gallager look-alike to play a bass like that but it's definetly more old-school rock orientated methinks although i'm sure it would hold it's own in heavier more modern styles.

Having said that, £600 really is a steal for such a high-calibre instrument. I'd love to see how this bass compares to something like say a peavey USA bass.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='426321' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:58 PM']Yes, it's roughly $800 including a custom made hard case.

I have the same pickups on my Dean TRML Bass and they rival my Gibson Thunderbird for thunderyness (if that is a word!).

Dean are making USA made Basses this year, the prototype was displayed at the DOA 2009 show last weekend.[/quote]Right, so the bass and custom case will cost $800, or is that the deposit?
Steve.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='427177' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:34 PM']Having said that, £600 really is a steal for such a high-calibre instrument.[/quote]
I just know I'm going to regret not getting in on this order. One day I'll be laying down £700 for a bass and thinking I could have had a rare Dean for £100 less.

Unfortunately its £600 more than I've got available this month.

And I wish I could take offence at the joke made early - but people have seen me. Sweaty long hair and a tank top isn't too far off the mark. :)

I'm a metal head myself and have been in numerous death metal bands so if I was gonna offend anyone with a comment like that I'd think I'd have numerous broken bones by now :)

Please see this thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40978&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40978&hl=[/url]

Lighten up man, like Ed said, tis a joke!

Edited by josh3184

Many apologies josh3184 that I got the wrong end of the stick and didn't take this as a joke, I'm a touchy b'stard at the moment!

Steve, it's $800 all in for the case and the bass.

Steve at BRG (the dealer who is taking care of this run) is a great guy to deal with and I am sure he would let you pay in batches. All you need is $250 to lay down as a deposit by the 15th March. The Basses are being produced this year with the first one coming out around June/July. It will then take a few months to get the others out. This will give you 5 or 6 months to save up! :)

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='429049' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:29 AM']This will give you 5 or 6 months to save up! :)[/quote]
I really can't justify another bass... well.... I can but its a weak justification. But I'd have 5 or 6 months to come up with something.

Jeez this is tempting. No... I can't... I mustn't....

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='429049' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:29 AM']Many apologies josh3184 that I got the wrong end of the stick and didn't take this as a joke, I'm a touchy b'stard at the moment!

Steve, it's $800 all in for the case and the bass.

Steve at BRG (the dealer who is taking care of this run) is a great guy to deal with and I am sure he would let you pay in batches. All you need is $250 to lay down as a deposit by the 15th March. The Basses are being produced this year with the first one coming out around June/July. It will then take a few months to get the others out. This will give you 5 or 6 months to save up! :)[/quote]

Hey that's okay. We all have bad days sometimes :rolleyes:

That's so tempting but i really would rather be getting a bass with more strings plus i dunno if i can be bothered with the US exchange. But £600 is very tempting although it'll almost certainly be more money due to exchange rate crap, vat and that. oooohhhh....