Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman 5 string

cockbongo

Ok, here we go (sniff). I'm going to have to get rid of my 2003 Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman 5 string. I've been threatening to do this for a while, but now redundancy kinda forces a downscaling in the bass dept as I don't need two 5 strings. So here it is.

I'm sure most of you know all about this model, or can Google it for more details. But for those who don't:

Bolt-on
US Swamp Ash body with AA-Flamed Maple top
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Scale length: 34" (long scale)
24 frets
Passive MEC J/MM pickups with open pole pieces
Active MEC 3-way electronics
Honey Violin Oil Finish
Gold Warwick tuners and gold 2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Just-A-Nut III
Weight: 4.1 kg

The mix of the MM and J pickups means it's that little bit more flexible in tone than a number of the Warwicks i've played - frankly it's a superb bass. And it's my baby. :)

Attached some pictures that don't really do it justice - there's a wee scratch on the back by the neck bolts which i've tried to show, and that's really the only flaw in this - it's otherwise in superb condition.

I'll throw in some Warwick wax and the wee cloth you get with it, a pair of Warwick Gold Straplocks, a spare Just-a-Nut III nut, and also (da daaah) i'll throw in my lovely (and only) SKB hardcase, and (da daaaaah) shipping to Mainland UK. Can't say fairer than that, can I? A full Warwick kit for a knockdown price.

Asking for £700 all in. Let me know if you're interested.

edit: as it looks like this isn't going anywhere just now, I am interested in a trade for a decent Warwick 4-string, preferably a $$. Not many other 4-strings taking my fancy at the moment but open to offers.

Edited by cockbongo

Man - Warwick interest is at an all time low, isn't it? Although this is such a beautiful instrument (tonally and physically) that it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't sell...

...apart from the fact I need the money!

Bump.

Remarkably good deal here, not sure why theres so little interest!

Warwicks seem to be getting less love by the day which is strange really given that basses like this have so many tonal options. Looks sweet as a biscuit too, if I was looking for a backup to my SS2 I'd be all over this.

I know what you mean!!
Ive been trying to sell my Streamer jazzman 5 for months now, and no ones interested, definately out of vogue at the mo, the jazzman range is really versatile and im sure you wouldnt get as much bass again for £700, big bump for a great bass- lee

Remarkably good deal here, not sure why theres so little interest!

Warwicks seem to be getting less love by the day which is strange really given that basses like this have so many tonal options. Looks sweet as a biscuit too, if I was looking for a backup to my SS2 I'd be all over this.

[quote name='The Funk' post='439560' date='Mar 19 2009, 06:43 PM']This is very tempting. And I would have the money for it as soon as a cheque clears in my account next week. Hmm...[/quote]

Well it's likely to still be here if you're definitely interested mate.

[quote name='chenzo_1' post='449675' date='Mar 30 2009, 05:24 PM']what kinda basses you interested in?[/quote]

Not really had a good think about that yet, but i wouldn't say no to a decent Warwick 4 string, probably a $$ if there was one around (and a little bit of cash). But i'm open to offers.

No Fenders though, got one already :)