Why become a member? ×

1x15" Extension Cab recommendations

Subfeeder

Hi,
I have a GK150 MB which I am very happy with but am starting to do some louder soul type gigs and need more bottom end. I'm thinking to get a lightweight 1x15 cab as an add-on to the GK and depending on how these louder gigs go may sell the GK and get something like a MarkBass LMII.
So, I'm looking for something small, light, loud, deep and cheap! I realise I'm not going to get all of these but any recommendations would be gratefully received. And if anyone has anything suitable for sale let me know - if I go 2nd hand I may be able to get all my requirements!

Edited by jassibi

I'm not so sure - the MB150 is pretty loud if you don't expect much bottom from it and stacked on an efficient 15" it wouldn't be a quiet rig by any means. I wouldn't expect huge bottom - the 12" in the MB150 won't like it if you add too much bass boost and doing so will cost a lot of power - but if your demands are reasonable I don't see a problem.

Power is rather overrated, especially as wattage ratings are rarely directly comparable.

Alex