Why become a member? ×

Anyone know where to get a guitar body painted?

ubit

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

National Holiday for VE Day and a weekend?

Are you available to work emails 24 hours a day?

I can open work emails anytime. I would imagine a business would be the same and would risk losing business if they don't reply. Thanks to everyone who has given me decent contacts. I have now had an answer from two and the others who didn't answer have lost the chance at my custom.

Although I am hot on the email thing, I don't expect a business to reply to me outside work hours. My wife runs a shop, it is hard for her to not work outside normal hours but she gets herself stressed about work and doesn't unwind if she doesnt.

I might be contacting a few of these people. I have an old '79 Gibson 'the paul' which was resprayed by its previous owner in glossy varnish and slightly darker (which I dislike - I loved that it was plain matte wood. but I got it cheap, so have been thinking, maybe I can just get it refinished in TV Yellow!

Update. I have now had replies from three guys who sound very interested and will charge round about the same price (£250/£300) Status got back to me eventually and said it would cost more than the value of the bass. Surely the value of the bass is up to me. Anyway, they more or less wiped their hands of it. I will have to wait until this situation changes and I am back at work but they were all understanding. Thanks for all the help guys.