Why become a member? ×

The Vibe, Epsom Open Mic night Wednesdays

new2bass

Hi All,

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Open mic nights on Wednesdays from 8.30pm onwards @ the Vibe in Epsom, Surrey.

Great evening to break up the week. Some, from what I can tell some talented people go up there and do their thing.
I go every wednesday so would be good to meet some people from here there if you'd be up for that.

Bring your bass if your any good, sure they would love it. Some excellent guitarists have been up in the last 2 weeks, getting ever more popular from what I can see.

Reece

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='422563' date='Mar 1 2009, 07:14 PM']Epsom's not far from me so I'll probably try to get to one soon if I can get some mates/bandmates interested.

3 Questions -
Is there any parking nearby?
Is it mostly bands that turn up or individuals called up to form impromtu bands?
Is it OK to bring a bass if I'm not very good? :)[/quote]

3 answers:

1) Yes there is a road opposite the pub where we always park. Or next to the pub on kurb.
2) Mixture, a lot of lead and rythum guitarists turn up. The occasional band turns up like last week. Limited normally to about 3 songs. Its great because the chop and change the musicians around so really cool.
3) No. :rolleyes: Not my party so more of a case if you can play and know a wide range of songs then play. They tend to play classic rock stuff, funk & a little blues.

Let me know if you go.

Reece

[quote name='new2bass' post='422271' date='Mar 1 2009, 11:16 AM']Hi All,

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Open mic nights on Wednesdays from 8.30pm onwards @ the Vibe in Epsom, Surrey.

Great evening to break up the week. Some, from what I can tell some talented people go up there and do their thing.
I go every wednesday so would be good to meet some people from here there if you'd be up for that.

Bring your bass if your any good, sure they would love it. Some excellent guitarists have been up in the last 2 weeks, getting ever more popular from what I can see.

Reece[/quote]
Hmm, might come along to this one week Reece, so you can see a not very talented guy do his thing :) Not this week mind, bit busy. Will call re. "lessons" too, promise!!

[quote name='Merton' post='423154' date='Mar 2 2009, 01:11 PM']Hmm, might come along to this one week Reece, so you can see a not very talented guy do his thing :) Not this week mind, bit busy. Will call re. "lessons" too, promise!![/quote]

Be good to see you mate. Bring ya bass do your thing...