Why become a member? ×

The Alibi @ Cob & Pen Littlehampton

WalMan

[b]The Half Brick Worthing[/b]
At last we get to Worthing. Hopefully it will go well, but we shall see. Worthing has been a bit of a desert for uss at the last few gigs there. Still the Half Brick is a rock pub so we live in hope.

Tonight it's the Admiral Drake, and I think I shall head down there shortly to watch the rugby :rolleyes:

EDIT 1
Stubbington this coming Fri 13 March. Mini tour at the mo, though not quite like an old gig list I have from the 70's that covers two months and has over 30 gigs on it. Those were the days, when I was young and could hack multiple gigs and work the next day :D Not like now when we are crippled for the w/e after one :)

EDIT 2
Another week, another gig - Cheers this Friday, then I have to be up at dawn's crack (fnar fnar) next morning to drive to Bristol for the rest of the w/e

EDIT 3
Royal Oak Friday 27/3 followed by The Fountain Chichester on Sat 28/3...........and then I shall sleep all day Sunday [Edit] and Monday it appears! I'm getting too old for this

EDIT4
Last one for the time being & another new one but extremely local to me for a change - Cob & Pen Littlehampton Sat 4 April

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' post='421742' date='Feb 28 2009, 03:08 PM']At last we get to Worthing. Hopefully it will go well, but we shall see. Worthing has been a bit of a desert for uss at the last few gigs there. Still the Half Brick is a rock pub so we live in hope.

Tonight it's the Admiral Drake, and I think I shall head down there shortly to watch the rugby :)[/quote]

Hi

I play in Dropzone and we were wondering if the half brick punters would be into Nu metal? as I have never been there?

I have listed our set below to illustrate what we play.

Ta

Mike

BEAT IT - Fallout boy
LAND OF CONFUSION - Disturbed
SO LONG - DZ
LAST RESORT - Papa Roach
NO-ONE KNOWS - Queens of the stone age
FROM OUT OF NOWHERE - Faith No More
CARS - Gary Numan
INFESTATION - DZ
HEAD LIKE A WHOLE - nine inch nails
THROUGH GLASS - Stone Sour
CLEANSE - DZ

WEEPING SORE -DZ
ZOMBIE - The Cranberries
PSHYCOSOCIAL - Slipknot
IN THE END - Limp Biscuit
BODIES - Drowning Pool
3030150 - Stone Sour
CHOP SUEY - System of a down
BREAK STUFF - Limp Biscuit
DUALITY - Slipknot
FREAK ON A LEASH - Korn

[quote name='Dropzone' post='425014' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:12 PM']Hi

I play in Dropzone and we were wondering if the half brick punters would be into Nu metal? as I have never been there?

I have listed our set below to illustrate what we play.

Ta

Mike[/quote]
Eeeeer pass. It's our first one there tomorrow. Not sure how its going to go for us!? :)

I sort of think probably not as it seems from the gig lists to be a more classic rock/blues gig. Whether you could hire the function room to put on your own gig I don't know.

Have you tried [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=436175592"]The Years Rock Club[/url], which I think is up by the main station in Worthing?

[quote name='Dropzone' post='426272' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:24 PM']We are currently in liason with Mark to get a gig at the Years Club.

Good luck for Friday. I would come down be we are playing the hell hole known as Cheers ;-)[/quote]
Ah yes the joy of Cheers - where everyone knows your name. Last time we were there the wind was howling along the front and the door had to be held shut. We started in woolie pullies it was so damn cold and then slowly disrobed as things warmed up :)

Mark's a good bloke. We've know him since he used to come & see me, Max & Kev in A Kind Of Fury years ago

Are you sure they weren't holding the doors shut to stop people escaping ;-)

I must admit we treat the venue really badly. Most places we taylor our sets to the likely clients, at Cheers they get what ever we want to play on the night and ram it down their throats, but they seem to like it ;-)

Still, it should be a good laugh.

Have fun at the half brick.

[quote name='Dropzone' post='427031' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:30 AM']Are you sure they weren't holding the doors shut to stop people escaping ;-)[/quote]Probably :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dropzone' post='427031' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:30 AM']Have fun at the half brick.[/quote] Well it was different (and sadly quiet) but we got paid & he wants us back so its a start.

Onwards & upwards to the Red Lion Stubbington this week

Oh and as for [quote]we were wondering if the half brick punters would be into Nu metal?[/quote] sadly I couldn't tell you as they weren't out last night in any strength, well at all actually :)

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' post='427854' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:01 AM']Probably :rolleyes:

Well it was different (and sadly quiet) but we got paid & he wants us back so its a start.

Onwards & upwards to the Red Lion Stubbington this week

Oh and as for sadly I couldn't tell you as they weren't out last night in any strength, well at all actually :)[/quote]

How bizarre, ours at Cheers was busy but no where near as busy as we normally have it???? Must be the credit crunch ;-)

I see you guys are down Cheers soon, I will try and pop down and say hi if there are no clashes.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='Dropzone' post='429119' date='Mar 9 2009, 10:12 AM']How bizarre, ours at Cheers was busy but no where near as busy as we normally have it???? Must be the credit crunch ;-)

I see you guys are down Cheers soon, I will try and pop down and say hi if there are no clashes.

Cheers

Mike[/quote]
That'll be a week Friday on the 20 March

Stubbington went OK. Completely different set and Max mixed them up as we keep chivvying him to do to keep things fresh. As his setlist email said "there's 40 songs and we can't do them all".

A few other bands in and only one mad ending to a reworked song where the Rall., was in two or three different BPM's. We'll get it next week.

A few requests for WPOD, which hasn't been in the set for a few now, and I was asked about the Wal, which I haven't taken to gigs for a while, though that was because I was mistaken for the old bass player of the band the others were in but I never quite joined 20 years ago :)

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday. The sign of a good gig. 3 litres of water whilst playing & absolutely no need for a pee at the end of the night! :)

Few alien abduction moments, but that'll be because the multitracker was in the rack under the mixer and the red light was on - even though no one was told for fear of jinxing it. Otherwise a blahdy good night.

Guitarists teenage daughter was sneaked in with the managements full knowledge & was noticed looking aghast at the drunken rampaging being carried on by a select few laydees (?) a little nearer her fathers age during the evening :rolleyes:

Edited by WalMan