Jump to content
Left leaderboard
lowregisterhead

Spot The Bass Line...

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Japhet said:

6. Run for Cover - Marcus Miller.

20. If I was with a Woman - Ian Dury (?)

Marcus Miller is correct. I'm afraid 20 isn't Ian Dury though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Would I have got a point for 'the theme from arena'?

 

 

Sorry, close, but no cigar! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, el-gnomo said:

The Whatnauts - Help is on the way, from 1981. De La Soul sampled it for "Ring, Ring, Ring".

 

Interesting! And did De La Soul nick the "hey how you doing, sorry you couldn't get through" line from Curiosity Killed The Cat's 'Name and Number'? It was a couple of years earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen Stanley play it on a number of occasions, and having needs that are funky, 2 is "We Supply". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Having seen Stanley play it on a number of occasions, and having needs that are funky, 2 is "We Supply". 

Correct! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2020 at 17:47, lowregisterhead said:

Interesting! And did De La Soul nick the "hey how you doing, sorry you couldn't get through" line from Curiosity Killed The Cat's 'Name and Number'? It was a couple of years earlier.

They did indeed, making it the coolest thing Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot was ever (sort of) involved in 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2020 at 10:41, lowregisterhead said:

11, 12, 15, 18 & 20 still left.....

 

15.  Dare Me - The Pointer Sisters ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2020 at 17:47, lowregisterhead said:

Interesting! And did De La Soul nick the "hey how you doing, sorry you couldn't get through" line from Curiosity Killed The Cat's 'Name and Number'? It was a couple of years earlier.

 

4 hours ago, el-gnomo said:

They did indeed, making it the coolest thing Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot was ever (sort of) involved in 😉

If he actually wrote it, that must have padded his bank balance well enough for him to live out of the public eye for the next couple of decades. He attempted a return to the stage for some of the 'Let's Rock' UK festivals a few years back. The reports were not good...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lowregisterhead said:

 

If he actually wrote it, that must have padded his bank balance well enough for him to live out of the public eye for the next couple of decades. He attempted a return to the stage for some of the 'Let's Rock' UK festivals a few years back. The reports were not good...

And here's why:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lowregisterhead said:

And here's why:

Youch! Although to be fair you can't hear the backing track, and the videos that make it onto youtube are always the ones where the monitors failed, or there was some other technical issue, in my experience 😧

.....that, or he's lost whatever he had 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...