Why become a member? ×

Great rehearsal!

barneyg42

It's been a crap week work wise and personally for me at the moment but that's another story so when rehearsal came up last night I was a bit low but still looking forward to it. Over Xmas I got together (musically that is) with a young lady who has been gigging solo using the DAT tape type thing but not played in a band. She's got a cracking voice, well she's Welsh so that probably explains it. She put the feelers out for a guitarist and drummer and a few weeks ago we all got together. The drummer suggested a keyboard friend and last night he came along for the first time. All I can say is WOW how good was that. The music suddenly took on a new life and was fantastic.We are doing a sort of rock/pop type set but apart from 3-4 songs it's all new stuff for me so a bit of a challenge. Songs range from early Chicago, Heart, Prince,Joplin, Sam Brown,Stereophonics,Eurythmics,Gary Moore,Tom Petty,Fleetwood Mac and others but not all the tracks from these artists are the most well known, ie most people would do Walking by Gary Moore but we are doing Separate Ways. At the end of the night we were all buzzing and as said the keyboards really kicked it up the arse. It's looking like our first gig booked is at the beginning of May for a charity do so plenty of rehearsal time although I hope we can pick up more before then. From a personal point of view instrument wise I really got to give my SX Jazz 5 a good workout and it's a cracking bass for the money (cheers Crez5150). When I told the geetarist the price he nearly dropped his PRS! I also managed to pick up an old AXL chorus pedal cheap last week and that had a nice sound especially with my Jaydee fretless on Stereophonics Handbags and Gladrags.
So all in all after a crappy week or so it's ended on a high.
Cheers
Colin