Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo basses in the UK!...its happening!

NJE

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='502692' date='May 31 2009, 11:28 PM']BTW, I contacted a supplier of the ancient swamp kauri that was used in that guitar I posted earlier. They want $6500 (£2500) a cubic metre for the most dramatically grained stuff because there's only a limited supply.[/quote]
You could make 60 solid bodies out of a cubic metre - that works out at around £40 a body. Assuming you only wanted to face the body you would get many more thus making them cheaper - down to between £10 and £20 per instrument.

Admittedly you probably wouldn't be able to use them all but even so :)

Maybe it would be worth buying a cubic metre, sawing it up and selling it on :rolleyes:

If i was paying 3-4 k on a bass, i would like to see the wood on it, A natural see through finish. Seems alot of money to spend on top wood to have a painted body. MAkes it look like a fender or any other bass, although up close you can see the quality.

GP.

Agreed,if you got it flaunt it,as for woods my friend has mid eighties maple necked fender tele,fret wear etc,fitted a very expensive custom flamed maple neck, with different contour,bigger frets etc(more gibson flatter and deeper) to prevent choking when bending which is always the problem with fender guitars,now the sound is thinner,but at least no choking .So woods do make a difference after all,unless you can compare b4 and after you wouldnt know for deffinate and that was just the neck!So the moral of the story,dont buy a fender guitar.lol

Edited by mikhay77