Why become a member? ×

Afternoon all

harvey1-8

Hi, I'm Alex and I'm from West Sussex.

Been playing bass for 12 years now and still passionate. Playing in a few band at the moment. [url="http://www.myspace.com/withoutwarrant"]Without Warrant[/url] is the proper band I play in, playing our own songs. I also play with a covers band called [url="http://www.myspace.com/somethingginger"]Something Ginger[/url] and I dep for another cover band called [url="http://www.myspace.com/themalfunction"]Malfunction[/url] from time to time.

Currently I'm playing a Gibson Thunderbird for all Without Warrant stuff. I also have a USA Fender Precision, Musicman Stingray and a Japanese Fender Jazz '75 re-issue which I switch between for other gigs (depending on how I feel).

Amp wise I have a Trace Elliot Series 6 AH300 with the TE 1048 cab for all large gigs. It weighs a ton but sounds nice. For smaller gigs and practice I have a Trace Elliot 715 SMC which is also wicked but considering a change sometime soon.

As for pedals I use a Boss TU-2 Tuner, SansAmp Bass Driver DI, Fulltone Bass-Drive, Zvex Woolly Mammoth, MXR Carbon Copy and an MXR Phase 90. I love pedals and have a bit of a weakness for them. I'd love to get an Akai Deep Impact but wouldn't love to pay the £300 plus they seem to be going for at the moment and a Line 6 FM4. Other than that I'm interested in most pedals.

Joined Basschat to see what gear people are loving at the moment and to see what people have for sale, Think I'd rather buy from a place like this than eBay. Also to help keep up with what's new in bass world.

Love,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I've not bought anything yet, but I certainly wish i'd waited to buy a new amp until I was a member here. There are some real bargains in the gear section.

It's also great to get help and tips from other people as most here have either done it, bought it or seen it before.

Enjoy!

pete

[quote name='pricechris10' post='418934' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:29 AM']Hi Alex and welcome,
I take it you're a fan of S.A.H.B. If I aint correct please forgive me.
You'll find loads of stuff ( useful and not so ) on here.

All the best,
Chris[/quote]

Alex Harvey was/is a God in my eyes!

[quote name='farmer61' post='419233' date='Feb 25 2009, 01:28 PM']Alex Harvey was/is a God in my eyes![/quote]
Nice one sir!
I didn't get to see the mighty Alex ( bit too young ) but have seen SAHB a few times. The remaining members are a really good bunch! Sad to see Zal hang up his guitar last year.
Vambo Rools