Why become a member? ×

Evening all

Scoop

Hi chaps,

new to the forum, thought I'd say hello.

I'm mainly a fingerstyle classic rock player but will lend my hands to pretty much anything if you pay me. Not adverse to using a pick for driving an eighth note groove along either.

I don't slap - crap at it, and if you'll forgive the pun, I'm all fingers and thumbs.

I'm ancient by most standards (born May 1960) but, if nothing else, my advancing years at least allow me to have enough money to indulge myself when it comes to bass gas.

The intrument inventory is:

Roscoe SKB3005 (custom built 5 string)
Warwick FNA (5 string)
Dean Rhapsody (12 string)

the rest all four strings...

Ken Smith Design v60J4 (with EBS pre-amp supplied and fitted by Bernie Goodfellow)
Ric 4003 Blue Boy
Status Electro Mk1
Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub precision
Fender CIJ '51 Precision re-issue
Warwick Fortress One

I have also just ordered another Roscoe, an SKB300 four string, with flamed exhibition grade redwood top, spanish cedar body, maple and purpleheart laminated neck, african tulipwood fretboard, nordstrand DC soapbars and an Audere pre-amp. Build time is 8 to 10 months. can't wait...

plus
Tanglewood TW45CE electro acoustic
Fender MIM '72 Telecaster Custom re-issue

Amp heads
Trace Elliot AH-350SMX
Peavey Probass 500
Hartke HA3000

Cabs
Trace 2x10
Ashdown ABM1x15 (pre-blue speakers)
Hartke 4x10
SWR Triad Mk1 (1x15, 1x10, horn)

various pedals (plus a couple of guitar amps)

Hope I'll be able to contribute to some debates and glad to be here.

Scoop.

Edited by Scoop

[quote name='paul, the' post='44676' date='Aug 13 2007, 03:13 AM']I'm sure you'll get some attention with that bunch.
Do you have a certain special soft spot for one of your basses?
How do you rate the Bob Glaub?
And welcome to Basschat[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome.

The Glaub is a great bit of work, it's currently the one that I tend to pick up first and if I have dep gig then that's the one that always goes with me as it sounds good in just about any situation. The Lindy Fralin pup is one of the nicest sounding split Ps I've ever heard (although a mate of mine has replaced his Fender USA P-bass pup with a Haussel and that's a cracking pick up too).

Soft spots? Tricky question. Sophie's Choice, really. I love ALL my children - sometimes I just prefer to spend my time in the company of a select few of them, but that selection changes day to day.

Sounds great, do you know how much the Bob Glaub weighs? I know the JO skylines are quite heavy.

[quote name='Scoop' post='44677' date='Aug 13 2007, 03:23 AM']Soft spots? Tricky question. Sophie's Choice, really. I love ALL my children - sometimes I just prefer to spend my time in the company of a select few of them, but that selection changes day to day.[/quote]

It's great to hear they all go to good use. I don't think I could afford such an eclectic taste :)

Be sure to put up some pictures of the Roscoe when she's ready.

chin chin,

paul.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='44713' date='Aug 13 2007, 09:43 AM']'lo Scoop :)

nice to see another ukmg refugee :huh:[/quote]

hello Paul,

half expected some of the usual suspects might be about in here. Will I see you at Not Wigan this year? With suitable headgear?

Scoop