Why become a member? ×

RS Guitarworks .015 Jensen caps

Noisyjon

I see they specify them for P basses, but this is different from what is in there already.
What will that value do for a P bass?

Cheers,
JTB

P.S. see the cap [url="http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/product_info.php?cPath=31_60&products_id=414"]HERE[/url]

Edited by jonthebass

P-bass pickups are normally wired with 250k pots and a 0.05uF cap on the tone pot. A much smaller cap will keep the pickup sounding brighter as the tone is turned down. If you like, it's like making the tone pot taper [i]shallower[/i]. After all, very few people play with the tone pot down below 3 or 4 so that part is wasted. Some percieve this as giving the tone pot a greater level of resolution or accuracy. With tone below 6 you'll notice it retains a little more high end.

$18 for a cap.

I got a dozen 1mF paper in oil caps from a guy in Belgium for less than a fiver. Bloody good they are too.

I had one of the Luxe ones in my '57 Warmoth single coil bass. They do sound good and look original but if you are looking for a PIO cap which IMO are far better than standard ones, then have a look on Ebay. there's loads to be had for much cheapness.