Why become a member? ×

Hi from Scotland

jimbaby

Hi all
I have been playing for about six months, started with a Squier Bronco and recently bought an AXL player deluxe fretless which has been slightly modified (maple inlays fitted where there were originally grooves).
My amp is a Trace Elliot 65w combo.
The difference in quality between the two basses is incredible, the AXL being far better made and finished, it also sounds much better but is more difficult to play (can't have it all I suppose).
Looking forward to reading and posting in your fine forum.
Regards
Jim

Hi
Thanks for the replies guys, Andy, when I bought the AXL the previous owner had a setup done and some light mods carried out but the action seems a bit high.
I have only had this bass for a couple of weeks so still getting used to it and the first time I have played a fretless, when I become more familiar with it I will have it set up for my playing style (rough to awful).
Regards
Jim

[quote name='jimbaby' post='416005' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:22 AM']Hi
Thanks for the replies guys, Andy, when I bought the AXL the previous owner had a setup done and some light mods carried out but the action seems a bit high.
I have only had this bass for a couple of weeks so still getting used to it and the first time I have played a fretless, when I become more familiar with it I will have it set up for my playing style (rough to awful).
Regards
Jim[/quote]

;) rough to awful!

well your in good company here Jim!

andy