Why become a member? ×

price dropped on Lakland 4402 deluxe

jimijimmi

"its only ever been played at home..and lives in its case"

Mate that's not quite what I'd class as a [u]brand new[/u] instrument. As new? Yes. But brand new is a bit misleading don't you think? Might be some come back from Ebay regarding it, just wanted to mention.

Anyway good luck with the sale, a cracking instrument.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='413961' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:26 AM']"its only ever been played at home..and lives in its case"

Mate that's not quite what I'd class as a [u]brand new[/u] instrument. As new? Yes. But brand new is a bit misleading don't you think? Might be some come back from Ebay regarding it, just wanted to mention.

Anyway good luck with the sale, a cracking instrument.[/quote]

well,id say its brand new...as i have...
its been played less times than if youd bought it from a shop and lived in far better condition...no kids messing with it etc...

just because there is a name above the door it doesnt mean the guitar is unplayed and brand new....?...specially with the school holidays..

whereas,ive probably played this guitar twice,for very brief periods..and its been kept protected in its case laying flat as oposed to being wall hung....

i guess it comes down to each others opinions of "new" and "used"...

cheers anyways man!

jj

[quote name='joe_bass' post='413984' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:48 AM']That's a bit subjective though mate isn't it. To most people a brand new instrument is one that hasn't been bought & taken home from the shop or where ever.

Anyway good luck with it.[/quote]

i see your point..

but this bass was sent to me by the manufacturer...and now im selling it...
thats identical to what would happen to a store in order for it to be brand new....?

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='413989' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:51 AM']i see your point..

thats identical to what would happen to a store in order for it to be brand new....?[/quote]

No unfortunately it's not. The shop would be bound by the 1979 Sale of Goods act. I doubt very much whether the buyer would get the same rights from you, if you catch my drift.

[quote name='far0n' post='414004' date='Feb 19 2009, 11:01 AM']No unfortunately it's not. The shop would be bound by the 1979 Sale of Goods act. I doubt very much whether the buyer would get the same rights from you, if you catch my drift.[/quote]

maybe not.
but surely thats where Ebay steps in? or the guarnatee From the Manufacturer?
or the fact that its less than half price?

who knows....im just hoping it sells....ive got a wedding to pay for...

jj

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='413989' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:51 AM']i see your point..

thats identical to what would happen to a store in order for it to be brand new....?[/quote]

No? You've assumed that all instruments hanging up in a shop are messed around with so hence an instrument that you own & yet hasn't been played much is therefore more brand new than one that hasn't been bought in a shop?

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='413953' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:20 AM']anyone interested?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280314852070&Category=4713"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;Category=4713[/url][/quote]
excuse me for asking but is this bass still for sale?