Why become a member? ×

cabs

beastie

Hi! Yup, I do.. I almost bought two instead of my Epifani UL610. I have had a chance of comparing the GS212 against the GS412 as well. Looking back on it, I kinda still have GAS for the GS212's.

I was very impressed. So much so, I lept at the chance to grab a GS112 off Ash, here on BassChat. They might not be the most sensitive cabs.. and they are not NEO. They also have a scoop in their response curve that some don't like.. but I find it quite pleasing with a flat response amp. To my ears the tweeter is sweet sounding, but easy to over do the sparkles with the attenuator on the back.

I like them.. and I quite fancy giving a pair a twirl again.

thanks for the info i am going to look at a pair of GS12 4 OHM CABS on saturday Iam going to run them with my ashdown abm evo11 900 head as the cabs are rated at 600w each with my gb bass hoping to get a nice full sound with no distortion I have been told the cabs sound a lot better with won of the AGUILUR amps as the are tuned to work with the cabs i hope my gb can help out in this department

I'm not familiar with the EVO 900.. Is that the one with two seperate amps on board? so you'll be driving a cab per power amp?

If not and uit is just a single power section, pairing the two 4 Ohms cabs into one amp will give you a load of 2 Ohms. Be sure to check that said amp is capable of going down to that impedance.