Why become a member? ×

Hartke 5 String 3-pack for £20

3-pack of Hartke strings for 5-string bass for under £20!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Sets-Hartke-50-135-Bass-5-String-Free-P-Pw-BIN-50-135_W0QQitemZ300137426985QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20987QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Sets-Hartke-50-135...VQQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Just bought some and they seem fine. Can't vouch for them longterm as I've only just put the first set on, but bearing in mind the price of 5-string sets, defo worth a punt.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='44129' date='Aug 11 2007, 10:10 AM']3-pack of Hartke strings for 5-string bass for under £20!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Sets-Hartke-50-135-Bass-5-String-Free-P-Pw-BIN-50-135_W0QQitemZ300137426985QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20987QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Sets-Hartke-50-135...VQQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Just bought some and they seem fine. Can't vouch for them longterm as I've only just put the first set on, but bearing in mind the price of 5-string sets, defo worth a punt.[/quote]

Cheers for the heads up. I've just purchased a batch, even though I don't play 5 string! For the cost of postage does anyone want the spare B strings (x3) out of these sets when they arrive?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='44135' date='Aug 11 2007, 10:31 AM']Cheers for the heads up. I've just purchased a batch, even though I don't play 5 string![/quote]

They do them in 4 string sets as well!
I've bought them before and they normally turn up with a few American sweets (still wrapped) in the packaging.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='44135' date='Aug 11 2007, 10:31 AM']Cheers for the heads up. I've just purchased a batch, even though I don't play 5 string! For the cost of postage does anyone want the spare B strings (x3) out of these sets when they arrive?[/quote]

Ill have them depending on what gauge they are please.

Cheers

[quote name='BassBalls' post='46043' date='Aug 15 2007, 08:27 PM']Ill have them depending on what gauge they are please.

Cheers[/quote]

.135 nickels! If you want them the easiest thing would be to send me a stamped addressed envelope and I'll get them straight off to you. If they suit, PM me and I'll supply my address.

Been using these for a while, & they seem very good. Top value for £6 a set - not sure about the sweeties though.

My only (slight) concern is that I had to completely redo my intonation with the last set & the G saddle is only just in range (the set I put on my SB-900 has the same issue). I'm putting it down to a slightly rogue packet. Its high time I ordered some more.

Pete.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='46084' date='Aug 15 2007, 09:49 PM'].135 nickels! If you want them the easiest thing would be to send me a stamped addressed envelope and I'll get them straight off to you. If they suit, PM me and I'll supply my address.[/quote]

Sorry mate but they are a bit to thick for me, if they was 125 i would use them to tune to C*.

cheers

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='46106' date='Aug 15 2007, 10:58 PM']not sure about the sweeties though.[/quote]

I've ordered bass and guitar strings from this lot, probably 4 or 5 separate orders, and they always turn up with bizarre American hard boiled sweets in the packaging. I kid you not.

I thought it may have been a cunning way to fool customs into thinking it was a 'gift' package and not just something I'd bought off the net. If it was, it's working well.

The white spearmint ones are pretty nice!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='46614' date='Aug 16 2007, 08:56 PM']Can't wait for the sweeties :huh:[/quote]

No sweeties :)

Pretty good service from the USA, bought them on the 11th and arrived today 17th!

Should be interesting with the gauge being subtly heavier on the D & G strings to my normal gauge;

Old - 45 65 85 105
New - 50 70 85 105