Why become a member? ×

ashdown little giant 350

pal1972

just bought one of these and on first impressions it doesn't seem as loud as my mag300 head!! I'm running only one 4ohm 4x10 cab so i should be getting the full power, but as settings go, my mag300 is on half input half output, and yet to get similar volume on the little giant the settings are full input and three quarter output?! Why is this? any help/advice? i think i should have gone for the little giant 1000?!!

[quote name='pal1972' post='411811' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:12 AM']just bought one of these and on first impressions it doesn't seem as loud as my mag300 head!! I'm running only one 4ohm 4x10 cab so i should be getting the full power, but as settings go, my mag300 is on half input half output, and yet to get similar volume on the little giant the settings are full input and three quarter output?! Why is this? any help/advice? i think i should have gone for the little giant 1000?!![/quote]

MB1. ;)
There seems to be a few people who have come to the same conclusion (there not loud enough).....
.....That'd be the Bigger Giant then !...Hope you kept your reciept! :P

[quote name='Musky' post='411824' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:37 AM']Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme with the LG350. I think the jury's still out on exactly why they sound quiet - have you tried contacting Ashdown?[/quote]

According to ashdown, connecting up to my 4ohm 4x10 WILL give me full power!!! but it doesn't!!!! its way quieter than my mag300!!!! going to buy the LG1000 now cos thats got 500w per side at 4ohm!!! just means i'm an extra £80 down!! it BETTER work with my cab !!!!