Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar with BAII bridge

Dosi Y'Anarchy

Well here's my 2006 CIJ Fender Jaguar with a Leo Quan Badass II bridge. I also swapped the pickup covers for ones without holes (im a heavy-handed player and play in drop tunings and didnt like the sound when the strings touched the pickups). I also added a chrome 'ashtray' bridge cover that is specially made for Badass bridges.

PLEASE READ: I tried to sand the body of this bass down and re-varnish it myself - as you will see it didnt really work out, still sounds amazing and everything works as well as the day it was made (possibly better since the upgraded bridge).
I left some of the Hot Rod Red around the edge of the approximately bass to give a sillouette-effect
I didnt touch the neck. The only 'damage' other than what i did to the body is a small indent on the back of the neck at the 4th fret - i only noticed it when preparing for sale.

This has been my favorite bass since ive owned it, but my MIA Fender Deluxe Jazz has been neglected for far too long, and i cant part with it (it was given to me by my uncle), so the Jag must go. I dont need two jazz-style basses when i only ever use one, and i have a Yamaha Attitude so that covers most tones for me.

loads more pics here:
[url="http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/dosiyanarchy/jaguar%20for%20sale/"]http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/do...r%20for%20sale/[/url]

as you can see, the body looks like a child was let loose with alot of sand paper, and for all intents and purposes, he was.
The Scratchplate has also seen the sand paper as i had painted it with oilpaints and wanted to get it off afterwards.

I loved the bass, but wanted to get creative with it to make it unique - and i succeeded, but not in the way i would like.

As mentioned earlier, the bass still plays and sounds fantastic, If it doesnt sell, I dont intend on having it re-finished - its a great bass with the thinnest neck fender do on bass.

More pics/detailed pic's can be supplied on request.

im looking for £400 delivered to the UK (paypal)
my availability isnt great, but you can collect in person for £375 (cash)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, just send me a PM.

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

Dang, if I had the cash I'd take it off you and paint it orange or some other awesome colour. As it happens I'm poor from buying a bass and an amp not too long ago and I'm still trying to get rid of one of my older basses so there's no chance of my having it ;).

Hope the sale goes well sir.

thanks, i've had some interrest, some from overseas. I'd rather sell to UK residents, but no one seems to care much for Jags these days (albeit ones with a f*cked up look)
this has been my recording bass at home as it just seems to have a better sound to my ears than my yamaha, and its EQ/preamp/signal routing options have just made it so easy to love.

the jazz, although probably a superior instrument (american made, 3-band EQ, pickup pan, through body stringing ect), can have quite a harsh tone, and its been left under my bed with dead strings since i got the jag. I'm keen to give the Jazz some love, and get myself a musicman-style bass, so the jag has to go.

ok, ive had an offer from abroad, but please dont make me send it to the yankees

I'll also mention that i still have the original pickup covers. and the bass comes with straplocks already installed (and obviously i will send the corresponding locks for the strap itself)

Im holding out for a UK sale, as postage abroad seems to be horrendously(sp?) expensive.

• 2 months later...