Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics

Randy_Marsh

I would love to try it out at least! If the compressor uses the same algorithm as my C300 it will be a real winner in that department. I've tried a lot of compressors and the C300, for bass is nothing short of spectacular at less money than an EBS multicomp.

My thoughts on the rebel, is that for me it is underpowered. Would be much better up at 500W+ , like the F1 /Shuttle / *insert name of other D Class 'mini' head*

[quote]the cabs were too small for the drivers crammed in them[/quote]

I thought that, they are seemingly small to have two 10" speakers and 2 tweeters (might be wrong there..) crammed in. The head does look like a nice bit of kit though, its all solid state (again i think) though with valve simulation, but knowing TC i reckon it'll sound sweet

Edited by Randy_Marsh

Slightly surprised to see a company like TC doing heignous things like cramming cones into undersized cabinets. Now, if the cabs were active/EQ'd and forcing the bottom end out through long throw cones, in a similar design to Hifi subs (I can't remember the technical name for that method!!) - then I might give them a listen.. I don't really think the laws of physics can be over come though and don't expect they will handle the kinda bottom end and power required by your average youth rock band lol..

Just checked it out online. Looks quite interesting actually - even the cabs.

They stick the HF driver in the centre of the uppermost woofer. They're designed to be stacked vertically and they achieve a sensible cabinet volume by increasing the depth of the cab.

The head looks useful too. If these come in at a mid-entry level kinda price, they'd be worth looking into for a lot of people.