Why become a member? ×

Happy to be here

johnbiffa

Hi Everyone

Just discovered the site and well impressed !

I am an ex pro player of many years currently playing in a Heritage Rock Band which allows me to indulge my passion for Andy Fraser.

Check out www.theproperboys.co.uk

I gig with a 61 Gibson EB3, a 2007 SG Supreme Reissue Bass, a 95 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Bass and a 77 Fender Jazz.

My rig is an old Marshall stack with a Super Bass 100 kicking out some serious volume through the two 4x12s.......the authentic sound for sure. I carry a spare Super Bass 100 as back up but never had the need to use, these things are like tanks.

For studio work I use a PJB Suitcase combo and occasionally use EBS, Dynaverb, Chorus, Overdrive, Compressor and Octave pedals.

I also play guitar and have a Gibson Custom Shop 336, a USA Telecaster and a selection of Gibson and K Yairi acoustics.

Have just returned from Nashville and have an irresistable urge to learn to play Pedal Steel.

Influences are Andy Fraser, Kenny Gradney (Little Feat), Chuck Rainey and Jack Bruce (weird assortment I know)

johnbiffa ;)

Its good that bass players can have a place to chat i love this site,the players who run it let you talk! It liberates us thinking members of the band from ebay and other sh*t,i love having conversation on here. Long live Bass Chat!

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='411668' date='Feb 17 2009, 02:33 AM']Ahh, what an [u]excellent[/u] choice of basses.

And influences of course.

I generally use an EB3 live too. What's your favourite out of the ones you listed?[/quote]

The cherry EB3 is my absolute favourite and the one that gets the most comments on my bass sound. Th SG Supreme is more versatile and I use it on anything non Andy Fraser/Jack Bruce based numbers, and if I take either the Les Paul or the Fender Jazz they get used on Bad Co and Zeppelin songs.

Rarely do I take all 4 but it has been known !!!

Good to know there are still some Gibson Bass lovers out there !!!

John