Why become a member? ×

Elixir 5 string set

Medium set of Elixir Nanoweb Strings to trade for another 5 string set.

1 x 4 string set 45, 65, 85, 105
1 x B string 130 taperwound

These might not be appropriate for 35" scale (they are not the XL set) - although I have used them on 35" they are very slighly too small. Nothing wrong with these strings but I've realised I prefer a narrower gauge and/or nickel strings.

My preference gauge wise would be:

40, 60, 80, 100, 125

Looking for:

La Bella Slappers
La Bella Supersteps
DR Fatbeams
DR Sunbeams

What have ya got?!

ps. - will sell these for £30 all in, if anyone wants to buy them. That looks like about 8 or 9 quid cheaper than new.

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='407192' date='Feb 12 2009, 12:34 AM']go on then.

I will have them. Drop me a pm with payment details.

The Stingray is going BEAD![/quote]

hi Garry, I sent you a PM a couple of days back - not sure if you've got it ?

[quote name='walbassist' post='409460' date='Feb 14 2009, 03:09 PM']Ken Smith tapercore nickel set of interest Gwil?[/quote]

hi Gareth - what gauge are they - are the the "Burner" nickel set?

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='409851' date='Feb 15 2009, 01:55 AM']Not seen anything yet...?

Again?

G[/quote]

just tried again!

well, I sold a set to Garry thinking thats all I had, but I just found another set this morning while I was clearing out my gig bag, this now this other set is up for grabs.
Exactly the same as above, interested in similar trades as before and will sell outright for £30.

I will split the 4 string set and sell separately as long as someone also wants to buy the B string separately.

cheers
G

[quote name='walbassist' post='412621' date='Feb 18 2009, 12:15 AM']Yep, those are the fellas. Mediums so 45-65-85-105-130 IIRC. Of interest?[/quote]

hi Gareth, I'm sure they're good strings, but I'm afraid that I need a lighter gauge set... ;)