Why become a member? ×

LaBella 760FL-CB flat wound six string bass strings (unopened)
£45
Witney, Oxfordshire

I have an unopened pack of new of LaBella 760FL-CB flat wound strings for six string bass for sale.

The string gauges .029/.043/.060/.082/.104/.128, and it retails for £59.00. Will fit standard 34" scale length basses, possibly 35" as well but I haven't tried that so can't be sure. I had a set on an Ibanez six string bass and they sounded great. I changed back to four string before fitting this set though.

Forty five pounds plus postage at cost, or meet/collect from Witney area in Oxfordshire.

Edited by FinnDave

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2020 at 14:34, franzbassist said:

Could you measure the string lengths from ball end to silk for me, especially the B and E strings?

Sorry, I didn't see this when you posted it. I can't measure the strings without opening the packaging, which would reduce the value as they are still in the sealed manufacturer's package, however, this information is copied from the manufacturer's website:

"All standard bass sets are LONG scale length. The 1st (G), 2nd (D), 3rd (A) and 6th (C) strings are 38” from ball-end to silk/taper. The 4th (E) & 5th (B) string are 36 ¾” from ball-end to silk/taper. Only the silk portion of the string should wrap around the tuning post or else the string will break. 

This particular set is NOT suitable for basses with bridges that require strings to pass through the body of the instrument. "

15 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Sorry, I didn't see this when you posted it. I can't measure the strings without opening the packaging, which would reduce the value as they are still in the sealed manufacturer's package, however, this information is copied from the manufacturer's website:

"All standard bass sets are LONG scale length. The 1st (G), 2nd (D), 3rd (A) and 6th (C) strings are 38” from ball-end to silk/taper. The 4th (E) & 5th (B) string are 36 ¾” from ball-end to silk/taper. Only the silk portion of the string should wrap around the tuning post or else the string will break. 

This particular set is NOT suitable for basses with bridges that require strings to pass through the body of the instrument. "

Thanks, much appreciated.  Sadly that B and E length means they won't work on the bass I was minded to put them on.  :(

8 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

Thanks, much appreciated.  Sadly that B and E length means they won't work on the bass I was minded to put them on.  :(

Better to have checked than only found out when it was too late! And the info is there now for anyone else interested in these. I had an identical set on each of my Ibanez six string basses, so I know they fit those. I've not played any other make of 6 string, though.