Why become a member? ×

Best wireless Mic?

Old Horse Murphy

The band is considering buying soe wireless mics for ease of setup and to crete a bit less of a spiders web on the floor.

We currently use Shure Sm58's and are looking for something of a similar quality, but not costing the earth (we're looking to purchase 3 mics).

Does anyone have any recommendations at all?

Thanks

OHM

[quote name='crez5150' post='400899' date='Feb 5 2009, 12:19 PM']Lot's of choice on this front but I would whole heartedly recommend Sennheiser.... the Audio and Rf stability is second to none.

Whats your budget for these.... have you thought about that yet?

Jay[/quote]

I've heard good things abou the Sennheisers and had a wireless system of theirs for my bass which was very reliable.

I'm not really sure on budget Jay, but I'd say £350 per mic max at the moment, but that depends on what is available at that price.

Hi Nick, I use the Sennheiser, they are worth going for. If you want to try mine out some time let me know. Just make sure that you get the UK frequency ones if you want to be legal ;) the non UK frequencys ones work ok and are cheaper on ebay but I would not want you to break the law...... :brow: