Why become a member? ×

Rickenfacker 4001 copy for sale

mikea

Hi , Some off you may have seen this on fleabay before they very kindly pulled it . Not to sure of the make but it is believed to be a 1970s shaftsbury or ibanez and it is in very very very good nic . It even has the correct truss rod cover so looks like the real thing . Colour is the same as the jetglo and also comes with a hard case . It could do with setting up as the action is very low . Please email me your offer and i will email you pictures of the bass .

Edited by mikea

Hi there, I'd recommend posting pictures before asking for offers - this isn't eBay so no one's going to pull your sale thread ;) Stating your location will help too as potential buyers may want to try it out.

Good luck with the sale.

Edited by Weird War

Looking forward to seeing it - I'm not looking to buy right now but I might be able to tell you what it is. It probably isn't an Ibanez - there really weren't very many imported to the UK.

It would be a good idea to give people a ballpark idea of how much you're looking for.

Jon.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='399694' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:57 AM']What's that bass in your avatar Jon?

Somehow, I don't think it's a Kasuga ...[/quote]
That's something else beginning with a K - my "new" £60 Kawai Sleekline:

It looked like this when I got it in November:

The original plate's horrid & I didn't get on with the angled pickup end so I hacked some bits of plastic into roughly suitable shapes & nailgunned them on - I'm quite chuffed with my perspex combined thumbrest/ramp thingy. ;) It's also (temporarily, probably) wearing some old Ibanez Blazer bits & bobs - that chunky brass bridge, & the heart-shaped "Hercules" tuners which you can't see were all exact fits.

It looks quite purty in the pitcher but it's been in the wars a bit & has an "issue" or two. It needs fret levelling - an area of quack luthiery I've not previously dabbled with, so it's volunteered to be the victim of my first cack-handed & amateurish experiments. There's also an electronic problem I've not pinned down - individually the pups sound great, but combined they're thin & weak, like there's some sort of phase cancellation going on. Everything's wired by the book & components all working correctly but I can't track this down. Maybe the leads from the pups themselves are reversed - I dunno.

Anyway, I'm sure a bit of persistence & a few bloody knuckles will get it giggable - hope so because I really like it, even as it is.

J.