Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ '51 reissue Precision bass

artisan

in butterscotch blonde just like this one-

i've only had this bass for 2 months & it is in absolute mint condition.
it's a real beauty & plays a dream,sounds awesome too with its nice solid ash body.
i seem to have too many basses & not enough cash hence my reason for selling it ;)

price is £400ish but i'm open to offers.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='Linus27' post='400862' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:53 AM']Wow, nice. Are you going to leave the body as a slab or add the curves?[/quote]

Add the curves, wanted a 55 and this is the shortest route to getting one, and a lot cheaper than buying a CS 55. Plus I get a custom colour and better electrics, (in my opinion). I will rewire in cloth and replace the pots with CTS. Not sure if I will lightly relic it or not yet.

It is to go with this...

[attachment=19797:DSC02520.JPG]

(Sorry guys and gals for post a picture of a G*itar on this thread!)

WOW sounds cool. Would be interested in seeing the finished bass. I am also thinking about doing some sort of project. Looking at getting the Mike Dirnt 51 body which has the arm contour, Vintage 59 pickups and badass bridge but putting a maple neck on from either a 51' precision like yours, a Squire 50's Vibe or getting a Warmouth one. Not sure on colour. Either Vintage yellow that the Mike Dirnt comes in or black with a black scratchplate.