Why become a member? ×

Huh tone works as master volume??

gafbass02

I just put a new pre wired cheapo control plate on a cheap jazz copy after messing up the last one with my awful wiring. And despite it all apparently being wired correctly both pickups work fine but the tone works as a master volume, all I did to the tone was solder the bridge earth to the chassis?
I tried swapping the little green doo dah (capacitor?) for the old one but it's still a volume, it's not the end of the world but is it something else I've done, would soldering the pick up wires back to front cause it? Cause mine are different colours to the diagram I've used. They both work fine, no phase problems when both on or anything??
I suck!

You've obviously cross polarised the infrangic cock-truss array with the starboard phase cancelling inter-rossitor, resulting in an inverse dielectric transferance of the the dilithium crystal structure which should be 2(5)6 dilithium 2(i)l diallosilicate 1:9:1 heptoferranide.

When finished and wired properly, it should look like this:

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='396033' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:24 AM']You've obviously cross polarised the infrangic cock-truss array with the starboard phase cancelling inter-rossitor, resulting in an inverse dielectric transferance of the the dilithium crystal structure which should be 2(5)6 dilithium 2(i)l diallosilicate 1:9:1 heptoferranide.

[/quote]

well if you want to do it the easy way I guess.

Psh, all these shortcuts people take these days!

[quote name='Hamster' post='396033' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:24 AM']You've obviously cross polarised the infrangic cock-truss array with the starboard phase cancelling inter-rossitor, resulting in an inverse dielectric transferance of the the dilithium crystal structure which should be 2(5)6 dilithium 2(i)l diallosilicate 1:9:1 heptoferranide.

[/quote]

;) That was exactly what I was going to suggest...

When you turn the tone knob, is it a gradual increase/decrease, from '1 to 10', or does it all happen between '7 to 10' ?

On the attached diagram, the earth linking the 3 pots is the control plate itself. If the 'cheapo' pre-wired plate has a bad earth between the pots and the control plate, then the earth won't 'earth' properly, which will cause problems

Does the link from the bridge pot to the tone pot run between the end tab of the bridge pot to the middle tab of the tone pot

Post a picture of your finished work so we can see what's going on ;)

[attachment=19480:Jazz_wires.JPG]