Why become a member? ×

TRADE: Your Musicman Sterling for my Warwick Streamer?

Dubs

My ’96 Streamer Bolt-On for your Musicman Sterling?

I’ve been GASing for a Sterling for about 6 months. Is anyone interested in a trade for my fantastic Streamer Bolt-On that is in a truly mint condition with a highly figured maple body (quilt and birdseye) finished in the coloured oil finish – dark antique tobacco, PJ pickups, gold hardware with the JAN-I brass nut. It’s a great player and it currently set up with a really smooth low action. The neck is nice and thin – on par with a good Jazz neck.

I’m only considering letting this go because it sounds and feels so similar to my SSI (which is my main bass) that it doesn’t get used very often at all. I’ve previously owned a Stingray from new for about 4 years and I’m wanting that Musicman sound back but in the more playable form (IMO!) of a Sterling ;)

The Streamer comes hard-cased. Anyone interested?

[attachment=19409:1.JPG]
[attachment=19411:3.JPG]
[attachment=19410:7.JPG]

Edited by benwhiteuk

Definately interested. I have a black MM Sterling, Rosewood board, that I would be up for trading.
Got the hard case for it as well. I think it's from 2004 but I'll check the serial in the next couple of days.
I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

[quote name='phuze' post='395840' date='Jan 30 2009, 11:13 PM']Definately interested. I have a black MM Sterling, Rosewood board, that I would be up for trading.
Got the hard case for it as well. I think it's from 2004 but I'll check the serial in the next couple of days.
I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.[/quote]

Sounds good. Ideally I'm after a maple board but I'm definitely interested in yours. Where abouts are you mate? Looking forward to pics ;)

Just out of interest, how much would the Streamer be worth if you were selling it here on the forum? I have two Sterlings and one has a maple board but I've got to be honest, I'm really just toying with the idea at the moment. I used to have a Jazzman Streamer and I found the neck felt a little round for my liking, is that normal amongst Streamers or Warwicks in general?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='395843' date='Jan 30 2009, 11:23 PM']Sounds good. Ideally I'm after a maple board but I'm definitely interested in yours. Where abouts are you mate? Looking forward to pics ;)[/quote]
I'm in Guildford, so not too far. I'll take some pics today and try and post them this afternoon.

[quote name='Rowbee' post='395968' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:48 AM']Just out of interest, how much would the Streamer be worth if you were selling it here on the forum? I have two Sterlings and one has a maple board but I've got to be honest, I'm really just toying with the idea at the moment. I used to have a Jazzman Streamer and I found the neck felt a little round for my liking, is that normal amongst Streamers or Warwicks in general?[/quote]

In all honesty I wouldn’t know how to value it cos the market is all over the place at the moment and I’ve never seen another Warwick that’s similar to this, but I’m not looking for an outright sale. I think there’s a lot to be said for the condition of this as well; disregarding a couple of very tiny dings that are barely noticeable, it’s basically in ‘as new’ condition, which is incredible for a 13 year old instrument. The neck on this feels great and is more of a C shape than the ‘normal’ Warwick U shape. There’s a bit more info on Warwick necks here - [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/options.php?TYP=WOOD_NECK&submenuID=14620&katID=10999&cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/...10999&cl=EN[/url] – but I don’t know the exact specs of my bass. The neck on this is on par with some of the smoothest and thinnest Warwick necks that I’ve played.

I don’t know if that helps?

[quote name='phuze' post='395971' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:54 AM']I'm in Guildford, so not too far. I'll take some pics today and try and post them this afternoon.[/quote]

Great stuff, just down the road then. I’ll PM you with an email address for pics.