Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jim Dunlop 105Q

Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='393885' date='Jan 28 2009, 06:01 PM']Could some kind person post a pic of the inside of their Cry Baby please. More especially the white trim pots - I want to know what the unmolested factory setting is.
Ta.[/quote]

I've molested it so no point, but if I recall, the factory setting is 2 secs which is all the way to one side, and most people (me included) use 0 secs which is all the way to the other.

There's only 1 pot as far as I remember...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='394149' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:52 PM']I've molested it so no point, but if I recall, the factory setting is 2 secs which is all the way to one side, and most people (me included) use 0 secs which is all the way to the other.

There's only 1 pot as far as I remember...[/quote]
sorry bud you're on about the delay trim (brown) I'm on about the 2 white ones.
Here's mine as they are today.
[attachment=19365:wah_innards.jpg]

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='394168' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:00 PM']If you don't get a response i'll unpack mine (i'm sellin it) and take a pic tomorrow

Alternatively ya could just buy it! :P[/quote]
That would be bonzer man cheers.

lol Yeah then I could do a Timmy C and strap 2 together. ;) (can't deny never having thought about it)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='394174' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:05 PM']sorry bud you're on about the delay trim (brown) I'm on about the 2 white ones.
Here's mine as they are today.
[attachment=19365:wah_innards.jpg][/quote]

Oh right, sorry... what are those???

Unfortunately my board is at the place where I rehearse so I can't help...

because i'm a nice guy (so they tell me) and the fact that the bottomplate of my crybaby is held on by 1 screw....here's my trim pots:

sorry for the crappy camera phone pic, if you can't make it out, mine are the same as yours, and mine have never been touched, so i would say we both have virgin trim pots ;)

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='394205' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:33 PM']Oh right, sorry... what are those???

Unfortunately my board is at the place where I rehearse so I can't help...[/quote]
To be honest I don't know what they do..... but being a fiddler..... I trimmed mine. I did it a while ago and tweaked it to a sound I felt agreeable (they seem to adjust the sweep and frequency involved) and got on with life but then when I was researching the true-by-pass mod for the 105Q today I found out that you shouldn't really touch them at all. I'm guessing that they are integral to the electronic side of things rather than the audio circuit. I don't want to stress out any of the components so I think it's best to reset it.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='394211' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:38 PM']because i'm a nice guy (so they tell me) and the fact that the bottomplate of my crybaby is held on by 1 screw....here's my trim pots:

sorry for the crappy camera phone pic, if you can't make it out, mine are the same as yours, and mine have never been touched, so i would say we both have virgin trim pots :P[/quote]
Wow that's crazy. :huh:
I changed mine from how they were set when I first got it to a point where I thought it sounded best. Looks like me and the Jim Dunlop techs agree. ;)

Thanks for that man. Pic is well good enough. :)

I think we need one more pic to verify the proper settings and then we can have the definitive answer here on BC.